Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 hours ago, ben1505 said:

We get two new players for free next season

Three. Mings, Buendia and Ramsey. 

Then in the January transfer window another free player called Kamara.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Selling Mings to Ipswich, or to Jhon Duran is an interesting prospect

It doesn't interest me. ;)

• Like 1

Our biggest mistake in January, was not bringing in a RB and a DM. 

The lack of the above is the exact reason we’re struggling with both Kamara and Cash out. 

Stupid. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nnock1984 said:

The lack of the above is the exact reason we’re struggling with both Kamara and Cash out. 

Stupid. 

Yeah they are the key positions that need to be sorted and have been for a while.

• Like 1

Stupid. 

I’m sure there are reasons for them not being able to sign an adequate RB and DM during January

• Like 1

Stupid. 

Didn’t we just scrape by FFP? Obviously we had no room to sign those positions without making a major sale. 

3 hours ago, Villarocker said:

Who are we going to sell before we buy? 

Can't be Emi, Ollie, John, Pau. I think it'll be Dougie and or Jacob. 

Surely Tim's got to be a contender given how barely he's been used in the last two months with Kamara still out?

O.k he won't get a massive fee but I can see him being hawked around a few clubs like Cam and JPB were.

If Everton sell Onana for a big fee I get the feeling we'll offer them Donk as seems they wanted him at some stage this season and he's exactly the sort Dyche will be all over so like to think they could afford 5m or so.

How much did Saudi club want to pay for Digne last summer? That was about to happen but then the bad Mings injury stopped it (as I think the plan was going to be to play Pau more at LB in the opening months). So could still sell him for 15m +.

So that and trying to get likes of Chambers off the books should raise 30m ish at least.

4 hours ago, Villarocker said:

Who are we going to sell before we buy? 

Can't be Emi, Ollie, John, Pau. I think it'll be Dougie and or Jacob. 

Dougie makes the most logical sense unfortunately. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, duke313 said:

Didn’t we just scrape by FFP? Obviously we had no room to sign those positions without making a major sale. 

We bought one of the highest rated youth prospects at RB in Europe in January. We gambled on defensive midfield but equally I suspect we were unable to agree a move for one of our top DM targets. We will obviously reinforce there in the summer but profile again is likely to be a high potential youth player or maybe an experienced pro on a free. 

12 hours ago, duke313 said:

no we are 15m under the limit

58 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Signing no DM was actually better than signing Phillips who was one of the only few available

On 25k more than our highest paid players and absolute waste of space. Thank goodness we're not that stupid

• Like 3

13 hours ago, duke313 said:

We signed a RB but loaned him back out. We also signed a LB and loaned him out - both cost money. 

I understand that FFP is an issue, and that the above two signings are probably sensible long term, but we had a real opportunity this year to push on and the strategy in January should have been improvements for now . . . IMO . . . 

Some obligatory armchair scouting.

We need another defensive midfielder. And improve on Right Back. RB Bafodé Diakité from Lille stats are good, will be interesting to see how he plays versus Villa this week. Henrics from RB Leipzig as his contract expires 2025 might be worth a try, if we qualify for CL. 

Cheeky bid for Juventus DM wonderkid Enzo Barrenechea to strengthen our midfield.

And last Fabiano Paris as a younger quicker Moreno

Looking forward to see how this summer transfer window pans out. Seeing that we've made some very promising signings the past windows, that's been a bit out of the blue. With the whole sell to buy saga as well, whether true or not, I expected it to be an interesting summer window. 

Â