Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

It is hard to judge when players are doing well in the Championship… he just has a bit of something about his game that I like. Quite direct, with excellent positioning, he always seems to be in the right place. It might not translate to PL though were you get less space, more speed and higher quality defence 

He is a great player and it’s easy to dismiss English talent against exotic foreign names I admit… Just not sure he propels us in quality as we need that’s all given the players we have unless he replaces Buendia perhaps in the squad. 

9 minutes ago, thabucks said:

He is a great player and it’s easy to dismiss English talent against exotic foreign names I admit… Just not sure he propels us in quality as we need that’s all given the players we have unless he replaces Buendia perhaps in the squad. 

Fingers crossed that Buendia comes back as good as before, really hope he can play in the run in, but you never know 

1 hour ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

In his last post match interview Pep basically hung Grealish out to dry and put him on the transfer list. Now I wouldn't want to pay anywhere near what they paid for him, but if a fee could be agreed, would people want him back? Personally, if the money is right, I think he would fit in to that LM role perfectly in our system.

Nobody has replied yet which I'm surprised about.  His talent clearly has a place in our team but I just don't see how the financials make sense especially wages wise.

All of that aside he is injured far too often.

1 hour ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

In his last post match interview Pep basically hung Grealish out to dry and put him on the transfer list. Now I wouldn't want to pay anywhere near what they paid for him, but if a fee could be agreed, would people want him back? Personally, if the money is right, I think he would fit in to that LM role perfectly in our system.

got a link?, cat find it.

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

thoughts?

(plus any Monchi specials the club wants to add....)

All Spanish speakers also......so would fit right in with Emery.

image.png.6b80f3a1ea98c14a2e52ca75b1a06229.png

Miranda doesn't look special at all 

https://fbref.com/en/players/ead61f73/scout/365_m1/Juan-Miranda-Scouting-Report

Neither does Hermoso (as a left sided centre back), we also have two of those 

https://fbref.com/en/players/555f3a0b/scout/365_m1/Mario-Hermoso-Scouting-Report#all_scout_summary

Rodriguez looks like a good ball winner who can't do much when he wins the ball, he's 30 next week as well.

https://fbref.com/en/players/34e393f2/scout/365_m1/Guido-Rodriguez-Scouting-Report

Baena is an interesting player for wide midfield, but his defensive stats are awful, as a forward he is middling and of course we don't need any players there.

https://fbref.com/en/players/518f2234/scout/365_m1/Alex-Baena-Scouting-Report#all_scout_summary

Almada has excellent stats for an attacking player, but they have been achieved in the MLS and again we don't need forwards.

Your list......

fills the squad with players in positions that aren't needed Rodriguez aside. 
Your sales make an FFP loss

IMO it is a stinker

17 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Yet you think Todibo is realistic and want us to sign Hojberg 🤔

Todibo is quoted between 30-40m 

I mentioned that Hojbjerg would be an interesting pickup given the financials and his skill set.

My recommendation for a DM was Mats Wieffer

https://fbref.com/en/players/4876c9ab/scout/365_m2/Mats-Wieffer-Scouting-Report

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

I think we should wait as prices are sky high and he will likely fall in the Autumn 

He goes missing in the cold winter months. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

He's on double the wages of our highest paid players so not happening

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

He's on double the wages of our highest paid players so not happening

Not unless he took a massive cut, I agree. The fee couldn't be above 40 either

• Like 1

Didn't someone on here a while back say we were interested in Ruben Neves and he was open to coming back to the West Midlands?

I do not follow the Saudi league at all so couldn't care less about how he's doing there but ultimately he was top quality at Wolves for many years and is still only mid 20s and he'd be a very nice option to have in the squad to give McGinn and Luiz breathers at various points when you're playing three high intensity games a week.

Guess wages would be an issue but we found enough room in the budget to get in Tielemans in similar circumstances last summer.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Didn't someone on here a while back say we were interested in Ruben Neves and he was open to coming back to the West Midlands?

I do not follow the Saudi league at all so couldn't care less about how he's doing there but ultimately he was top quality at Wolves for many years and is still only mid 20s and he'd be a very nice option to have in the squad to give McGinn and Luiz breathers at various points when you're playing three high intensity games a week.

Guess wages would be an issue but we found enough room in the budget to get in Tielemans in similar circumstances last summer.

Wrong Neves

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/joao-neves/profil/spieler/670681

Â