Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's at Benfica so they'll be demanding 70m + no problem.

Actually weren't we linked to Kokcu when he was at Feyenoord? He's more realistic and IIRC the reports at the time were he had a similar profile to SJM so that could be a smart signing.

100m plus

Dunno on Kokcu, there are Feyenoord players though on my summer list in Wieffer and Geertruida

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's at Benfica so they'll be demanding 70m + no problem.

Actually weren't we linked to Kokcu when he was at Feyenoord? He's more realistic and IIRC the reports at the time were he had a similar profile to SJM so that could be a smart signing.

Kokcu is struggling badly at Benfica and said it himself, looks like has now even been dropped  from the starting team

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Kokcu is struggling badly at Benfica and said it himself, looks like has now even been dropped  from the starting team

You just never know how players will pan out even at 22 years old and who look real quality.  Gyorkares goes to Portugal from the Championship and becomes incredible. Kokcu goes to Portugal from Holland and struggles. No wonder so many transfers never come off. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, useless said:

Can't beat a good arseblaster.

I've had many the following morning after a night out down the balti triangle.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

Very good player , would fit our style our play and much more realistic than Neves for sure ! 

The Feyenoord midfielder possesses elite athleticism which he utilises to get back into good positions, support in all phases of play throughout the game, & press opponents. He savours his energy at times by staying in position to always have the capacity to sprint when needed.

Wieffer has 9.47 ball recoveries (top 2%). His peripheral vision enables him to regain possession from loose balls to recycle the ball, he does this well in the attacking third which is a trait that’s valuable for a team that look to regain possession quickly & dominate it. At 23 years of age, he has shown glimpses of top ball-striking ability. He has a limited goal collection but within it has displayed great shooting technique, and if he can add more shots per 90 (currently 1.24) and from distance, then he’ll be able to show more of this ability.

https://breakingthelines.com/player-analysis/player-analysis-mats-wieffer/

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

Not unless he took a massive cut, I agree. The fee couldn't be above 40 either

He’ll be halfway through his 6 year deal this summer so £50mill left to amortise - can see them accepting a small hit on him to get his £300k + wages off the books. If he were to do a Coutihno and accept a vastly reduced salary to facilitate a move and then if Emery wants him back I’d be all for it. They say never go back but Cowans played for us on 3 separate occasions and Grealish is up there with our best ever talents we’ve ever produced and could become a club legend if he were to return and shine. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, thabucks said:

He’ll be halfway through his 6 year deal this summer so £50mill left to amortise - can see them accepting a small hit on him to get his £300k + wages off the books. If he were to do a Coutihno and accept a vastly reduced salary to facilitate a move and then if Emery wants him back I’d be all for it. They say never go back but Cowans played for us on 3 separate occasions and Grealish is up there with our best ever talents we’ve ever produced and could become a club legend if he were to return and shine. 

I don’t see it to be honest but they can have 40 off me and 150 for him on. 4 year and no more

5 hours ago, paul514 said:

Miranda doesn't look special at all 

https://fbref.com/en/players/ead61f73/scout/365_m1/Juan-Miranda-Scouting-Report

Neither does Hermoso (as a left sided centre back), we also have two of those 

https://fbref.com/en/players/555f3a0b/scout/365_m1/Mario-Hermoso-Scouting-Report#all_scout_summary

Rodriguez looks like a good ball winner who can't do much when he wins the ball, he's 30 next week as well.

https://fbref.com/en/players/34e393f2/scout/365_m1/Guido-Rodriguez-Scouting-Report

Baena is an interesting player for wide midfield, but his defensive stats are awful, as a forward he is middling and of course we don't need any players there.

https://fbref.com/en/players/518f2234/scout/365_m1/Alex-Baena-Scouting-Report#all_scout_summary

Are you just looking at FBREF numbers and decreeing if a player is good or bad?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Are you just looking at FBREF numbers and decreeing if a player is good or bad?

Obviously, the data recorded doesn’t lie.

That is why all modern football scouting at the top level is done like this now 

4 hours ago, paul514 said:

Data doesnt take into account a lot of things. Players attitude, wages, adaptability and level of opposition

Its why Monchi had hundreds of scouts at Sevilla

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Data doesnt take into account a lot of things. Players attitude, wages, adaptability and level of opposition

No it doesn’t take into account everything, but it does take into account most things. So if the data is roughly right, you look into it. If it’s bad, you don’t bother

3 hours ago, thabucks said:

I wonder if there’s a deal we could do with Archer for Arblaster given the buy back clause? 

They own the player, from what I have read we are obliged to buy him back

10 hours ago, paul514 said:

No.

They don't look at a list of numbers and say ah look, this bloke has higher figures so he's better.

That's very much not what they do.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

I thought that's what Lange did at villa, he brought in data analysts to support traditional scouting

we will use both and no doubt we will have an absolutely insane amount of data 

on top of that we will then have our team tracking our own players

15 hours ago, thabucks said:

Have always felt Grealish's languid style is ideal for Emery. The way he carries the ball up the field is exactly what Emery has encouraged our players to do since he's been here. He'd be perfect when we're up against low blocks.

Don't have a great deal of sympathy for him but he's been treated harshly by City.

Â