Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

it was Lille, not Nice.

I need a Lille restraint on my posting right now.

Edited by Wezbid

really seems to be growing into the side and showing some good stuff.  My only concern currently is he seems to fade from the game in the second half.

10 hours ago, wishywashy said:

Did pretty well today, bar possibly the worst backpass I think I've seen in years

Nothing will beat Bacuna

I think his offensive play, is wicked....and he clearly is a threat going forward....some of those passes through the lines to Ollie, were impressive.

Very good feet for a tall lad......yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

However, he is young and learning.....He needs to be more aware of his surroundings, and conquer the defensive disciplines...it will come.

Football IQ is difficult to get at a young age, only the exceptional ones, seem to have it.....He will develop that.

I think in time, with Unai's tutorials, he will be a fine player.....it was a good buy, imo.

I also think he has an appetite to learn....huge plus that.

PS I also think it will help him, when a few more defenders come back in to the fold.....a missed pass , gets highlighted at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The potential is there for all to see. Does the occasional dodgy thing like a misplaced pass or losing the ball in his own half but he's learning and getting used to his team mates. 

Just now, wishywashy said:

Another very strong performance today.

I'm not sure how much longer Emery can keep referring to him as a Championship player during training!

What's that about ?

Just now, Tom13 said:

What's that about ?

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/unai-emery-calls-championship-player-28917743

"He (Emery) likes to mention I’m a Championship player a lot. That’s the kind of relationship we have. He’s trying to push me because he wants me to get to that level and it’s about showing me I can.

"It’s not a negative thing. No way. It’s motivational. He’s trying to push me every day in training. If I’m not 100 per cent at the level he will be the first to let me know. That’s the relationship we have. I wouldn’t want to change that. He pushes me where I need to and I feel I’m getting better and I’m so happy with the relationship we’ve got."

• Thanks 1

Â