2. 2. Manager's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/12/23 at 23:59

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Good morning villatalk what a beautiful morning

I had a crazy dream last night that we absolutely battered citeh To restrict them to only 3 shots and completely out played them. Then we were sitting 3rd in the league.

Dream was unrealistic. City only had 2 shots. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Good morning villatalk what a beautiful morning

I had a crazy dream last night that we absolutely battered citeh To restrict them to only 3 shots and completely out played them. Then we were sitting 3rd in the league.

You were definitely dreaming....

... it was only 2 shots :trollface:

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Same!

I'm usually a pretty slow starter, but I'm contemplating going to the gym later once my kids are off at school :lol:

Proper spring in my step.

Do you think it'll look weird at the gym that I still have a hard on?

Depends how much you lift with it.

• Haha 2

I keep trying to contextualise everything, but it's all good.

We've had great games before, Newcastle 3-0 last season was the time I think we said to ourselves "we're a pretty good team, actually!" 

We've had games like the Fulham 1-0 last year where we had 70% possession and they had one, quarter chance in the first minute and nothing afterwards.  

Stretching back, we've had the Liverpool 7-2, further back the Sunderland 6-1, the Coventry 3-2, finally beating United at OT 0-1, finally beating them at home, the Ajax game, plus others.

But the magnitude of this game somehow tops all of those.  It puts us in an elite group of teams and this should be the catapult of confidence which lets every player in the club believe they deserve the be in that group.

Mcginn, Konsa and Watkins have come from Championship football and pretty humble beginnings to sit at a table reserved for Elite athletes with a god given talent.

We finally have a philosophy we stick to, we have given the players the trust and confidence to go out and play, make the odd mistake and learn from our poor moments.  

Last night, we arrived.. it feels like.

As a fan, I can't wait to see the next game, and it's been like that for a while.  

And it all boils down to one person, and his group of coaches.

All adjectives and superlatives have been given to Unai, but the progress we've made from 15 months ago is absolutely enormous, huge, gigantic.

It's really fun being a Villa fan, I hope it continues for a long, long time!

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

The only one that springs to mind if is when we beat Liverpool 5-1 at VP in 1977 and scored 5 in the first half

That’ll do pig, that’ll do

Second half of that game was relatively quiet compared to last night. We never stopped but didn’t get the number of goals we deserved 

• Like 1

I wasn't surprised to win, as I thought we could get something out of the game, especially at home, but the manner of the victory, to utterly destroy them.like that was something else.

Also noticed lots of comments about City being depleted, but the team they fielded still cost many multiples of ours and most other prem teams, and no mention of our injuries (Two of our best players in Mings and Buendia out, and Moreno only just coming back to fitness) and our record signing on the bench (although MON did mention the last bit)

7 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

They aren't laughing at Fergie now...

I like when he says he watched Villa vs Newcastle and they all start to nod in agreement...

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Unai Emery is at the heart of everything good we're doing, we're lucky to have him, he may be the best manager in this league.

Was there ever any doubt? He's the best manager in the World.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

Thing I was most impressed with was the press. It wasn't high, it was just so well coached and smart, whenever they got the ball they had a Villa player on them instantly.

It was the best team/managerial performance I have ever seen live. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Goosebumps 

Eh, he's OK. No JP though is he? 

I really wish at kick off he'd say '3, 2, 1...ACTIVATE' 

OH yeah, great result last night. Special shout out to Carlos' long ball distribution. 

• Haha 1