2. 2. Manager's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/12/23 at 23:59

12 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

He did also have the moment where he played the advantage to Man City after a foul and, once they lost possession, he brought it back for the free kick. You can't have both just because you lost the ball.

Other than that, he did a great job. Very balanced performance.

But he did the opposite for us. 2 players got fouled and he played advantage when there was non but didn’t call it back when it was clear we’d lost the ball.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

I couldn't get to sleep until about 4.00 this morning because I was buzzing so much from yesterday's match.  I think Martin Keown summed it up when he said that he's seen Man City lose games before but he's never seen them be so dominated in every area of the pitch.  Every single player was immense yesterday and played superbly - but the key thing (again) is that as a team we played better than each individual player.  The press was superb - every time a Man City player beat his man there was someone else in his face and putting him under pressure.  The high line was (again) superb and hopefully shows that we can now put that debate to bed - the Man City attackers had no idea when to start their runs, the midfield backed out of so many passes because they spotted that the attacker was already offside, we compacted the space when Man City had the ball so they had no time to stop and look for killer passes and it meant that we won the ball back repeatedly much higher up the pitch and so were then able to turn defence into dangerous attack.  It was noticeable how much deeper City played in the second half in particular as they tried to nullify that threat.  Yes - Man City had to change THEIR tactics in order to counter OUR threat.

Astonishing performance.  7 points from Spurs (a), Bournemouth (a) and City (h) is ridiculous.  If we can get a good result against Arsenal at the weekend as well then who knows what is possible.....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

I worry that we might have emptied the tank. They rested a few regulars vs Luton and will be fresher than us. But I still back us to win because Emery has captured lightning in a bottle.

Only players that may have started but didn't were Zinchenko, Trossard and Jorginho and it's arguable how many of them get in Arsenal's strongest eleven. They had to go hard for 100+ minutes to get that winner so I don't they're any more rested than us, tbh.

I remember the first time I saw a guardiola team play in the late noughties. It was like watching football from the future. Teams like ferguson’s united, mourinho’s Chelsea (albeit under Grant) and wenger’s arsenal, who were used to bullying PL teams, were thoroughly bullied by a Barca team that gave them no time on the ball and dominated in all areas of the pitch.

Now admittedly, the City side we played last night were not as good as that Barca side, not least cause of the number of injuries. But it still blows my mind to think that we completely dominated them last night 

Â