2. 2. Manager's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/12/23 at 23:59

2 hours ago, HKP90 said:

No that can't be. I remember a Pau header that went wide of the far post. 

Maybe "creating" meant with a pass. But still, given his passing, it strikes me as surprising if he didn't create any chances.

Can't find the full re-run on streaming device so just watched the highlights to see if I missed anything... 

I forgot we hit the post and had one disallowed cos ball went out.

Also didn't realise their only two shots were 11 mins in and then nothing, not even a peep at our goal... the atmosphere came across quite well too, we were loud, even in upper trinity where we were. 

Saw Elmo before kick off in the concourse too. 

How good was Konsa at right back.

Just read through the match thread, was rather positive for a change

Huge result that im still buzzing over but even though it was more dominant than the 7-2 against liverpool i have to say that match is the best result I’ve ever witnessed especially as my brother is a liverpool fan who for so many bloody years has so much to celebrate about and they always get the better of us so it was refreshing as f**k to beat them by that many goals 😊.

But beating City last night is right up there without a doubt and look the 3-1 against United at villa park could even match that because for as long as o can remember I was dying for us to end that record and thats another team everyone around me supported so that meant everything and it was the professor’s first game in charge😆.

I cant explain and put into words how much relief these latest victories over the last few years have meant because it feels like we’ve never been able to do this in the 2000’s and early 2010’s but lets keep going and keep racking up results. 

We're reporting the attendance at this one as 42,789.

We had 42,788 three times in the 2009/10 season and I'm not entirely convinced this isn't just someone at Villa Park trolling us :)

Wednesday's crowd was our biggest for at least 15 years, but it could well be more.

So, your homework for today - when was the last time we had a crowd bigger than this one?

19 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Where you at @TRO?

Must be delighted with that!! 

Ecstatic.....That was the best display, I have witnessed in my time watching Villa, taken all factors in to consideration....and thats a long time.

All the things, I have been unsure about....they executed with aplomb.

I am not getting carried away, but that was a title contending performance...it had everything.

I didn't think the team had that competiveness in them....I am blown away, with the aptitude.

I said to a mate on the way to the ground.....we have the skill to win this, but have we got the other minerals to do it.

We most emphatically proved we have......whether, we can sustain it every game is another question.....but we have proved we do have the steel to compete.

What this man has created, is way, way beyond good....in such a short time, is phenomenal.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

We're reporting the attendance at this one as 42,789.

We had 42,788 three times in the 2009/10 season and I'm not entirely convinced this isn't just someone at Villa Park trolling us :)

Wednesday's crowd was our biggest for at least 15 years, but it could well be more.

So, your homework for today - when was the last time we had a crowd bigger than this one?

My research gleaned from the" Aston Villa- Complete Record " tells me it was 7th May 1994 versus Liverpool...attendance that day was 45,347

for the purists, we won 2-1 Dwight Yorke got both our goals.

PS There was some 50,000 plus gates in the early 70's...eg 26/4/75 v Sunderland 57,266..........I was in the ground v Southampton in the cup with c 60,000 there.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Its funny when i saw the starting line up i really thought what the hell........ it didn't work well against Bournemouth so why use it again. How wrong could I be, easily 10's all round just an incredible team performance and one to make us all proud of.

Bring on Arsenal hopefully we'll go into it with the same fight and belief and we might even get the same result UTV 

22 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I'd like to know more about what he means in relation to "Comfortable atmosphere".

I would imagine he means team spirit, which derives from many factors.

Â