2. 2. Manager's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/12/23 at 23:59

31 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

I’ll reiterate again- that’s only 1 shot on target. He’s offside for the header 

For some reason the stats seem to have counted it. That must also be why their xG is 0.87, as tbh it was (if onside) a chance you would normally expect to score (thanks Dibu). 

3 hours ago, John said:

We all started really believing on the 10th January 1981, when we beat Liverpool 2-0 at Villa Park. Was last night's equally well deserved win against Citeh a repeat of that moment?

Love this kind of collective memory. My dad might well have agreed... if only I could ask him.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

I just re-watched the game without the jitters; here are a few observations:

I agree with all the positives.
Man City could do with a 100 million pound striker ... oh wait.
I thought our press, when we turned it on was a joy to behold.
Man City, their press was by and large a pretend press, especially Haaland jogging up to the defender.
Too many of our passes went astray, not that every pass has to hit its mark, but many that did were not 'incisive'.

I'm intrigued what more you think Emery could have done?

10 hours ago, maqroll said:

You could FEEL Villa Park through the television tonight from the moment the teams came out the tunnel. It looked like everyone was standing the whole game, which is incredible. I'm envious of every Villan that witnessed that in person. This match, this performance will never be forgotten. 

Incredibly proud of the team and the supporters and I hope Deano enjoyed that too. These are the days, my friends, it's been a long time coming, but they are here!

Up The Villa!

Yeah me and everyone around me never sat down once not sure why but that was really something to suggest we were right in there almost playing with the lads giving that extra momentum top stuff, I expected more noise when leaving through the ground tbh more chants and what not 

• Like 1

Just a great performance, the whole team could easily have qualified for MOTM. But yes Bailey was great and had them worried every time he got the ball, looking to turn, run and take players on.

Defence and midfield ALL of them exceptional.

It's probably the best I've seen Villa player since forever (mid-eighties) because of the calibre of the opposition and their confidence. Villa tactically were brilliant which is why this victory is up there, Emery outthought Guardiola.

From watching on TV the noise seemed deafening too, much of the same for our remaining games will keep the energy high. Emery is constantly name-checking the fans and their support and it is greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

He's been in loads of our club-made promos recently. A sad loss to our villa family. 

Oh man, I'd not seen those. Always liked him.

Holte Ender in the Sky

• Like 1

Â