Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

I’ve been a big critic, but fair play - great cameo.

Good to know he’s got that physicality in him. That’s how you need to be in this league. He saw that if you play with that intensity, the refs are actually a lot more lenient when you do go down under contact.

Some nice touches too.

• Like 1

He played well when he came on for the most part, but I don't think there's a cat in hell's chance he will be signed, he simply hasn't shown enough to justify the tranfer fee and taking up a place in our squad when we could sign someone more useful. Hopefully he can continue to play well so at least he's remembered fondly

• Like 1

All he needed was a goal to top that performance, set up the 2nd with that run, just hope he gets some starts as for his buyout for 20mil is a steal if he can get back to his form he had at Roma 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, useless said:

He played well when he came on for the most part, but I don't think there's a cat in hell's chance he will be signed, he simply hasn't shown enough to justify the tranfer fee and taking up a place in our squad when we could sign someone more useful. Hopefully he can continue to play well so at least he's remembered fondly

I agree, if we signed him permanently on the basis of a few good performances amongst some really dodgy ones then I think we would regret it in the same way we regret Coutinho.

• Like 1

New to the league, a ban hanging over him, recovering from major injuries and we've also never really played him in his preferred position. 

I'd still like to think we could see him succeed here next year. 

• Like 4

Did well again. Emery doesn’t like him though and has his favourites so doubt he’ll start the next game. 

Rogers was ok but should be behind Zaniolo for me. 

Another good performance from him.  That's two in a row now. If he gives us another one then I might start changing my mind, but I'm still on the return him side of the fence. Hopefully he keeps this up till the end of the season.

• Like 1

I like Zani. Have backed him all season. It’s been a tricky one for him, as it has with many players who are new to this league. Plus he’s on loan, so you’d have to imagine his mindset is a little all over the place… where will he be in a few months time etc etc. 

I thought that it looked like he was enjoying playing today.  Seems to have a much better understanding of what he's being asked to do and more on the wavelength of the other players.

Â