Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Zaniolo has been getting better...

I'd actually like Villa to sign him should we qualify for CL.

He's versatile and Emery said he can play anywhere across the front three.

It's taken a while but he's settling in now. New country, speed and aggression of the prem, Unai's ways, it takes time. I think with a full preseason under the Don and settled he'll be brilliant next season if we take up the option to buy.

• Like 1

When he started out he was trying too hard but he was also unlucky not to score, some that could have even been considered worldies. You could see there was a player in there that needed time.

The whole Italian media fracas then clearly affected him and he had struggled since then. Now he’s finally getting back some form. Earlier in the season he would have forced something silly with that run yesterday but instead took his time and passed to Diaby to set up the second. He’s adapting and I’d love for him to sign, he’s a classy player and offers something different.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Why is it alway HATERS when people say a player isn't doing the business. Has anyone been calling for his extermination? For his family to be persecuted and locked up? 

It's perfectly possible to not rate a player, to say what you see without being a bloody HATER. The **** polarisation of the Internet boils my piss. 

Really is cringe when someone comes into a thread to call out the 'haters'. I'm sure the 'haters' probably commented in here anyway, the thread was several pages more after yesterday's game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Why is it alway HATERS when people say a player isn't doing the business. Has anyone been calling for his extermination? For his family to be persecuted and locked up? 

It's perfectly possible to not rate a player, to say what you see without being a bloody HATER. The **** polarisation of the Internet boils my piss. 

It takes time. The same people  slated Luiz, Mcginn and Bailey  and look how they turned out
Only true haters would get defensive over my post.

Edited by Pongo Waring
  • Haha 3

Just now, Pongo Waring said:

It takes time. The same people  slated Luiz, Mcginn and Bailey  and look how they turned out

Doesn't mean they HATE them. 

And in any case I suspect I'm probably one you classified in that category and here I am commenting! 

Just now, sidcow said:

Doesn't mean they HATE them. 

And in any case I suspect I'm probably one you classified in that category and here I am commenting! 

Like I said Only the true haters would get defensive over my post 🤣 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

No but is a few posters who it seems hate a few players as never provide any constructive criticism and when play well might put in a reluctant one line message

If you provide constructive criticism you arent a hater 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I think when you take the loan fee off, we can get him for quite a bit cheaper than that. Might be wrong but I’m sure it’s something like 15 million quid

Yes, I thought the fee was below £20m (somewhere between that and £15m). Not bad for an Italian international. 

I really like him and have done since the get go. Admittedly he's had some stinkers this season but imo there was always a quality player underneath. 

I think he's just one of those players that needs suppporters on his side to get the best out of him. I think it brings the best out of him, and I don't even think we've scratched the surface with him yet. 

I hope he wants to stay and that we sign him because I can see him getting better and better given time and support. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

No but is a few posters who it seems hate a few players as never provide any constructive criticism and when play well might put in a reluctant one line message

If you provide constructive criticism you arent a hater 😉

Fair points and I agree

Thought Zaniolo, Digne and Duran made a really good trio together. Wolves just could not handle them at all.

Zaniolo and Digne in particular suddenly gave us a width and a solidity down that side that totally nullified the Wolves gameplan and also created loads of attacking opportunities.

Right now, I'd play Zaniolo/Digne over Rogers/Moreno (and I think Rogers is improving every game and looks a real prospect for us).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Didn't get booked yesterday, the guy clearly can't be arsed

Hater 😂😂

• Haha 1

I think we play better when he's on the pitch. He does a pretty solid job defensively, and contributes going forward / progressing the ball. 

14 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Thought Zaniolo, Digne and Duran made a really good trio together. Wolves just could not handle them at all.

Zaniolo and Digne in particular suddenly gave us a width and a solidity down that side that totally nullified the Wolves gameplan and also created loads of attacking opportunities.

Right now, I'd play Zaniolo/Digne over Rogers/Moreno (and I think Rogers is improving every game and looks a real prospect for us).

Yep, I also see this. Zaniolo/Digne seem to have an understanding and we look very good on the left. Getting ahead of myself, but I'd love the option of rotating Ramsey/Moreno and Zaniolo/Digne next year. 

15 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Yep. I really can't see any justification for using Rodgers/Moreno on the left. We look very exposed.  I'd 100% start Digne/Zaniolo against Citeh. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

thankyou!

stating a player isnt playing well, isnt performing or that they wouldnt buy them based on performances, that isnt being a "hater", its just stating an opinion.

Now, that opinion could be wrong or right, but its an opinion, as long as it isnt a personal attack or such like, its a valid opinion.

all this "hater" blah blah is so childish, society today is so polarised and extreme, only black and white, no grey, and we are worse for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If he can play as effectively as he did yesterday consistently I’d be happy for him to stay. This run in to season end will be huge for him, if he’s not motivated and locked in now, when his future here or elsewhere is on the line, it would be a serious concern. 

Â