Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

20 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Jury's out, for me and I'm glad he's on loan for this reason. He's got until the end of the season to show us why we should invest in him, because we've only seen glimpses so far. It should be noted that there are definitely mitigating factors, namely the betting scandal that disrupted him for a while, not to mention a completely new league, country and club to settle down into. 

Yes I agree the jury is still out. He's produced very fleeting moments but he needs to kick on produce more from now until the end of the season If we are to consider making the deal permanent. I know people compare what Bailey was doing but he was starting matches and did a lot more than Zaniolo has done this season.

9 hours ago, duke313 said:

Remember when most fans thought Bailey wasn't very good?

You make a very good point - I can’t really see much difference in circumstances and I am definitely willing to give him more time.

I think there is definitely a player in there 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

This is where you let yourself down.

Your basically saying our new Sporting Director and Manager are stupid.

That's not what I'm saying at all 😂. They clearly had doubts, as it was a loan with an option rather then outright purchase. Those doubts have materialised and we won't be signing zaniolo permanently.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, duke313 said:

Remember when most fans thought Bailey wasn't very good?

Yes and I was one of them. However, we had already bought bailey, while we still have a choice whether we buy zaniolo or not. £30m on the basis of present performances and the hope he comes good like bailey isn't a smart business decision.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

That's not what I'm saying at all 😂. They clearly had doubts, as it was a loan with an option rather then outright purchase. Those doubts have materialised and we won't be signing zaniolo permanently.

Think as much as anything this may be because we didn’t have £30m available without breaching FFP. I agree with you it was sensible but not sure we would have had another option at the time.

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

The doubts would have been related to his injury record as he’d done both ACLs, not his ability. As already stated, if he meets the criteria, the purchase is mandatory.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

The doubts would have been related to his injury record as he’d done both ACLs, not his ability. As already stated, if he meets the criteria, the purchase is mandatory.

I will eat my hat if he plays for us next season. 

Most likely he will end up somewhere in Italy.

16 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Get a life..... it was just a typo ffs. 

If players aren't any good yet we are signing them or bring them in it suggests those bring them in don't have a clue. Or at least not as much as posters on this forum.

Ah come on. You call people stupid, then make a grammatical error. That's an open goal.

If I don't rate a player we sign, it's got nothing to do with how highly I rate Emery.

Live in whatever world you like.

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Ah come on. You call people stupid, then make a grammatical error. That's an open goal.

If I don't rate a player we sign, it's got nothing to do with how highly I rate Emery.

Live in whatever world you like.

I said the poster was implying those that brought him in were stupid, there is a huge difference between the two, but you've obviously struggled to see that. And a grammatical error, is just an error, not an own goal. You've got to be a right tw*t to try and use that as some sort of rebuttal. I wasn't even responding to you originally so why would I care if you rate Emery or not? You absolutely crackers 😂

Edited by avfc1982am

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Makes a rare start for Italy in a few minutes

Wouldn't be surprised if he somehow gets a yellow card in a friendly

Going to check the odds 😉 

Only, around 3-1 but Ecuador normally a physical team. I couldn’t resist.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

He's been ok, made a bad decision after some.good work which was a shame. Italy much better down the right and that's largely to do with Zaniolo being there. Drifts inside and links things up nice enough but not done anything spectacular.

Could have got into some bother just before half time rowing with a few defenders, could have got that yellow already 😉

• Like 3

Â