Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

17 hours ago, STO said:

He has done nowhere near enough yet to earn a whacking four year contract at Villa.  There is a player in there somewhere, but we have to look very deep to find him.  Has scored three nice goals but has to show a bit more consistency before we pay the kind of money they will want for him. 

We've an obligation to buy if he meets certain criteria, the fee has already been agreed.

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

We've an obligation to buy if he meets certain criteria, the fee has already been agreed.

That could also explain why Emery doesn't start him anymore. He might be near his starts/minutes criteria that would force our hand to buy him.

Edited by Czarnikjak

Trying to find any actual info or details on the deal and arrangement.

Someone mentioned a 9m loan fee earlier and… that’s just crazy… simply don’t believe it.

Wonder if there’s any clarity out there:

Sabah are claiming that Villa will sign the Italy international on a season long loan, and will purchase him on a permanent deal next summer for £23 million.

The Villans will pay Galatasaray a £2.5 million loan fee to take the 24-year-old attacking midfielder on loan this season.

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, the club from Birmingham are not inclined to pay 22.5 million euros for the player on the background of low performance, which can be used by Serie A clubs.

In case Zaniolo returns to the banks of the Bosphorus, Juventus, Milan and Fiorentina, who are interested in employing the 24-year-old winger, will compete for the player. The player's contract stipulates a 35 million euro pay-off.

Initially reported by SportItalia, later confirmed by multiple outlets, including La Gazzetta dello Sport and Fabrizio Romano, Villa will pay Galatasaray a loan fee of €4m for the season. 

Unai Emery’s side will retain the right to make the move permanent for a total fee of €27m, made up of €20m plus €7m in add-ons. 

That would take the total package up to a figure of €31m, not too far away from the €35m release clause currently written into his contract with the Turkish giants. 

Romano reports that the Italy international could be booked in for a medical in England on Wednesday. 

Roma could be set for a payday if Villa decide to sign Zaniolo permanently, as they negotiated a 20% sell-on clause at the time of his move to Istanbul in February 2023. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Trying to find any actual info or details on the deal and arrangement.

Someone mentioned a 9m loan fee earlier and… that’s just crazy… simply don’t believe it.

Wonder if there’s any clarity out there:

There won't be. Nobody apart from the club's and players involved knows anything about transfer fees and/or players wages. What we see in the media is, at best a ballpark figure, and at worst random speculation. 

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

There won't be. Nobody apart from the club's and players involved knows anything about transfer fees and/or players wages. What we see in the media is, at best a ballpark figure, and at worst random speculation. 

I’m just assuming the “ball is in our court” in terms of whether or not we decide to sign him permanently.

Seems highly unlikely unless he suddenly starts playing more and hits a hot streak of form…time is running out.

Just think, if Unai wanted him then he would’ve started him more and he’d regularly be involved rather than mostly come on toward the end of games… maybe the Rogers signing is a factor too…

With rumours or reports of a limited budget (PSR/FFP)… we need to spend wisely… and any relatively “big” transfers or fees would need to be spent on players who could go straight into and enhance that first 11… or do so eventually… imo. Especially if we qualify for CL… it’s a big step up…

We wouldn’t have signed him if either Buendia or Ramsey were fit…

The way I look at it, Lenglet and Zaniolo (both who know Monchi well) loans were mainly to “cover us” and neither player will be retained for next season and beyond…

3 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

That could also explain why Emery doesn't start him anymore. He might be near his starts/minutes criteria that would force our hand to buy him.

Or it is because he isn't very good.

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

Would be happy if we signed him. I think he’s another who would look better for a prolonged run in a settled role. As an Italy international and a young star (prior to injury), there’s clearly some talent there. He doesn’t quite look at ease here, maybe it’s because he’s the only Italian? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Would be happy if we signed him. I think he’s another who would look better for a prolonged run in a settled role. As an Italy international and a young star (prior to injury), there’s clearly some talent there. He doesn’t quite look at ease here, maybe it’s because he’s the only Italian? 

Exactly my thoughts. I have been pro signing him from the beginning

12 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Or it is because he isn't very good.

This is where you let yourself down.

Your basically saying our new Sporting Director and Manager are stupid.

Edited by avfc1982am

18 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

This is where you let yourself down.

Your basically saying our new Sporting Director and Manager are stupid.

You're*

Also, no.

54 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Remember when most fans thought Bailey wasn't very good?

I think they're very similar in that they both have moments of magic followed by moment of madness.

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

You're*

Also, no.

Get a life..... it was just a typo ffs. 

If players aren't any good yet we are signing them or bring them in it suggests those bring them in don't have a clue. Or at least not as much as posters on this forum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

If there is a compulsory purchase fee in the clause seems stupid we signed Rogers?

Compulsory upon certain criteria being met. For example if he makes X number of starts we have to buy him.

8 hours ago, thunderball said:

Jury's out, for me and I'm glad he's on loan for this reason. He's got until the end of the season to show us why we should invest in him, because we've only seen glimpses so far. It should be noted that there are definitely mitigating factors, namely the betting scandal that disrupted him for a while, not to mention a completely new league, country and club to settle down into. 

• Like 1

Â