Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

There’s a massive argument to roll the dice and sign him. I’ve got a feeling we might regret not doing so.

• Like 3

Zaniolo has been getting better...

I'd actually like Villa to sign him should we qualify for CL.

He's versatile and Emery said he can play anywhere across the front three.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

There’s a massive argument to roll the dice and sign him. I’ve got a feeling we might regret not doing so.

I’m thinking the same now.

If you look at the deal on paper, where else are we going to sign a regular international for a top ten nation, 24 y/o and coming into his prime, who understands the way we play and is getting much better at influencing games, for 30m euros? 

Im sure people will name similar players out there, but if we get Champions League we no longer have the games like Hibs or Mostar to blood these new players. They need to hit the ground running. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jenko#4 said:

If you look at the deal on paper, where else are we going to sign a regular international for a top ten nation, 24 y/o and coming into his prime, who understands the way we play and is getting much better at influencing games, for 30m euros? 

Im sure people will name similar players out there, but if we get Champions League we no longer have the games like Hibs or Mostar to blood these new players. They need to hit the ground running. 

I think when you take the loan fee off, we can get him for quite a bit cheaper than that. Might be wrong but I’m sure it’s something like 15 million quid

I have always liked Zaniolo, and defended him even if he didn’t play that well and I think it would be a massive mistake NOT signing him, he has something about him, a bit of x-factor 

• Like 3

Vital he is supported for the last part of the season as he may have to play a lot more minutes than he has been getting.

Looked very good yesterday, covering, blocking, passing and moving forwards.

2 good chances to score both on target and made the keeper do his job.

The contributions from duran and zaniolo for goal 2 was massive.

• Like 1

I've given him a fair amount of stick on here but fair play. He's been really key in the last 2 games. 

Still not convinced we should sign him permanently though. 

1 hour ago, Jenko#4 said:

Absolutely this. 

With champs league we need strength in depth. 

We might sign another player who will need a year to settle. We've got that out the way with Zaniolo. 

I’ve been waiting to see that Zaniolo since he signed on a loan. There’s been small glimpses, let’s hope he can perform like yesterday week in week out for the rest of the season.

I think we should sign him, it clearly takes time for a player to understand what's expected of them in an Emery team, looks like he's starting to get it and find his feet. The talent is there and I really don't see how we could sign another player for the agreed price that has his potential and ability. He's already done a job for us on a number of occasions, who else could we sign that could be useful at CL level for £20m?

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

We have the first option to sign him. So it's just up to Unai. I think the £25m fee would be less of a risk or financial hit if we get CL. 

Promising signs last couple of games but doesn’t change the fact I still don’t think we should sign him permanently. Hope he goes onto making himself a cult hero towards the end of the season, wouldn’t be surprised if he scored the winner that guarantees us Champions League or wins the Conference League. 

For the rumoured 25-30 million fee I’m sure there’s other options out there that the club can find. 

A few indifferent performances didn’t make him a poor player, likewise a few good ones don’t make him worth a punt. I’d need more evidence to sign this guy. Jury is still out for me. But I trust Unai, so we’ll see.

14 hours ago, useless said:

He played well when he came on for the most part, but I don't think there's a cat in hell's chance he will be signed, he simply hasn't shown enough to justify the tranfer fee and taking up a place in our squad when we could sign someone more useful. Hopefully he can continue to play well so at least he's remembered fondly

Unless of course the mandatory purchase option is triggered due to him meeting the criteria.

Â