Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Zero problem with anything he has said… do believe is future is back in Italy but hopefully he can contribute and help us out for the rest of the season. Opportunities and time has been limited imo.

Good luck to him.

Tabloids blew his quotes out of proportion and context. Imagine my shock. Those are totally reasonable and grounded comments tbh. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Zero problem with anything he has said… do believe is future is back in Italy but hopefully he can contribute and help us out for the rest of the season. Opportunities and time has been limited imo.

Good luck to him.

He speaks very maturely and intelligently. Seems his actual character is far away from the one that's sometimes portrayed.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He speaks very maturely and intelligently. Seems his actual character is far away from the one that's sometimes portrayed.

It’s often the case really… maybe some of our players aren’t quite as idiotic as many seem to enjoy making out 😆

More idiotic to believe everything and react to exaggerated headlines from the BS spouting media…

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

It’s often the case really… maybe some of our players aren’t quite as idiotic as many seem to enjoy making out 😆

I don't know - did you see the Matty Cash and Ollie 30 seconds game? :D

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

Jas10 launches astonishing attack on Zaniolo

Noted Villatalk contributor Jas10 today vented his outrage at Aston Villa star Nicolò Zaniolo. Zaniolo, 24, recently returned to his homeland Italy to play Ecuador. While there his explosive interview with Italian media generated the ire of Jas10. A source close to the longtime Villa fan stated that Jas10 was about to tear up his season ticket in disgust at the Italian international's come and get me plea. It remains to be seen if the Italian will hand in a transfer request in an attempt to end his Villa hell, amid reports of a training ground bust up and fall out with manager Unai Emery, 52. 

Cheers Gregg

He's a great guy, maybe will do well in Serie A, but won't mean not signing him was a mistake, perhaps just better suited to that league

9 minutes ago, useless said:

He's a great guy, maybe will do well in Serie A, but won't mean not signing him was a mistake, perhaps just better suited to that league

Or perhaps he just needs a bit of patience. There is no evidence to suggest that given time he wouldn't adapt to the PL, just like many top players 

In his defence, he's probably gone through a pretty turbulent period, starting off with getting to grips with the UK and then going through the betting scandal.   

• Like 2

Lets set s*** straight, he's been pretty rubbish for us, the compaisons to Bailey make no sense, as Bailey was never as poor as Zaniolo has been, Zaniolo has not even been as good as El Ghazi or Trezeguet were, so as such it's probably us getting rid of him rather than him not having patience. We will think him for important goals and workrate, and wish him well as he sets off for a new challenge, in a different league he could indeed do well

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, useless said:

Lets set s*** straight, he's been pretty rubbish for us, the compaisons to Bailey make no sense, as Bailey was never as poor as Zaniolo has been, Zaniolo has not even been as good as El Ghazi or Trezeguet were, so as such it's probably us getting rid of him rather than him not having patience. We will think him for important goals and workrate, and wish him well as he sets off for a new challenge, in a different league he could indeed do well

That’s just your opinion - I challenge this on both the Bailey and Trezeguet perspectives - Trezeguet is one of the worst footballers I have ever seen. Just my opinion of course 

• Like 3

Having read the offending article quickly with a cappachoochoo this morning and seeing on here the stuff they left out then it's a criminal bit of non journalism...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t think Trez had the attributes to make it to a higher level with us - but when we needed him, his goals helped keep us in the league. Especially in that crucial game with Arsenal. Same with Anwar. They were what we needed at the time. Made some valuable contributions whilst we recognised their limitations. 

Nico is adjusting to a new league, and culture, trying to keep himself fit, often out of position and having his name run through the mud by the Italian tabloids. Having read his comments and reflecting on other interviews, he’s got a sensible head - pragmatic and reasonable. Not what you’d except when you see him on the pitch. He plays with passion for sure. It may not always work out, but he’s scored us two crucial goals that keeps us in the fight for 4th place. I’m not prepared to right him off. Nor does it absolve his weaker performances. 

It’s clear that the club hasn’t yet decided what to do with him, but he understands that. Whatever the outcome, I will support him. You wear our famous shirt with pride or passion- you get my support. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 4

Â