Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Mmm, we'll have to disagree yeah. You see he was playing shit. So people said "Bailey is playing shit".

Not quite though. Many started saying ‘’Bailey is shit’’ rather than just playing shit.

Back on topic I’m confident Moussa will come good.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not quite though. Many started saying ‘’Bailey is shit’’ rather than just playing shit.

Yeah that is true actually. Using two years of shit performances as evidence mind.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Back on topic I’m confident Moussa will come good.

Agree.

He almost seems to have a resigned smile on his face when’s he’s taken off each time like he knows it’s coming 

he seems popular with the players and staff but for some reason is just lacking a bit of confidence , hopefully it’s nothing that can’t be fixed with a bit more time 

I’ll be the first to admit a season or two ago asking my mate “what’s the point of a winger who can’t beat a man and can’t cross a ball “… obviously I was talking about Bailey … but I won’t make the same mistake with Diaby , his time will come  

15 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

He almost seems to have a resigned smile on his face when’s he’s taken off each time like he knows it’s coming 

he seems popular with the players and staff but for some reason is just lacking a bit of confidence , hopefully it’s nothing that can’t be fixed with a bit more time 

I’ll be the first to admit a season or two ago asking my mate “what’s the point of a winger who can’t beat a man and can’t cross a ball “… obviously I was talking about Bailey … but I won’t make the same mistake with Diaby , his time will come  

I’m sure it’s part of the tactical plan that Emery has for a specific game state. We will likely see exactly the same scenario tomorrow if we aren’t comfortably ahead at 60/65 min

• Like 1

He's had a decent enough season so far. His goals and assists per 90 is close to his level last season at Leverkusen. I think he'll kick on next season and let's be fair. Bailey has hit another level and this kind of competition is what we want 

• Like 2

He's not been brilliant and his form overall had been quite poor but he has been contributed fairly significantly this season with goals and assists. He's also been unlucky that a couple of his goals/assists ended up as og's and he's setup a number of good opportunities that should have been assists too.

Bailey was the same last season, his overall play wasn't great but he was involved in a lot of goals either through goals, assists or in the build up to the goals.

There's definitely a player in there and he can strike a ball well.

• Like 1

5 goals and 7 assists in 33 games is a decent return, but there's been so many games where the expectation is a lot higher than the result. He can clearly play, and I'd argue he's more technically gifted than Bailey, but he looks completely lost sometimes.

Couldn’t see from the stands but what happened before the penalty? He went down in the centre circle like he’d eaten a left hook from Anthony Joshua.   Konsa was going mad at him after.  Im guessing he was being a fanny? 

4 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Couldn’t see from the stands but what happened before the penalty? He went down in the centre circle like he’d eaten a left hook from Anthony Joshua.   Konsa was going mad at him after.  Im guessing he was being a fanny? 

Looked like he was fouled on the replays tbh but VAR didn't think so. 

Big character from him today. Missed a great chance at 0-0 and lost the ball for their goal. Could have easily gone into his shell but he kept working and played a crucial part in the equaliser and obviously scored the 2nd.

• Like 2

I was rather hasty to give him stick in the match thread after his miss and his effort in the build up to the penalty, but he turned it round.

The tracking back and battling to win it back leading to our first was excellent, that's the kind of stuff you want to see.

Well done Moussa. Very good today. He will really benefit when we get stronger behind him. He’s a clever player who will unlock defences for us when we are playing a low block.

Despite a bad run of form he's still averaging a goal or assist every 169 minutes in all comps (plus he forced 3 own goals too). A Goal Contribution every 144 minutes in the prem. 

Â