Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Despite a bad run of form he's still averaging a goal or assist every 169 minutes in all comps (plus he forced 3 own goals too). A Goal Contribution every 144 minutes in the prem. 

This is meant to be the shit version of Diaby. Imagine the stats for the good version of Diaby Hopefully next season.

2 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

This is meant to be the shit version of Diaby. Imagine the stats for the good version of Diaby Hopefully next season.

Weren't some people suggesting he was even better at Leverkusen than Leon was when he was in his pomp?

I still think for some games, I may rather see Duran, partially for protection of Moussa, against big, strong players he can sometimes struggle unless he's given space as he's a little guy.

Got better as the game went on. Went down easily for their goal, missed a good chance, Scored a goal then his confidence grew. He really is a talented player, I think we will see the best of him next season! 

I thought Diaby, Rogers and Bailey linked up really well today, along with Watkins in front. Definitely need to see these 4 on the pitch as much as possible.

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Weren't some people suggesting he was even better at Leverkusen than Leon was when he was in his pomp?

I still think for some games, I may rather see Duran, partially for protection of Moussa, against big, strong players he can sometimes struggle unless he's given space as he's a little guy.

He was far superior to Bailey at Leverkusen.

He will make a proper nob out of the doubters.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I mean statistically that's not true. I can't profess to have watched enough to say whether it's exactly true or not. 

His last season at Leverkusen Bailey averaged a goal or assist every 110 minutes in all comps, 15 goals and 11 assists in 40 appearances. This year he's averaging a goal or assist every 103, 14 goals and 13 assists in 43 games 

For diaby last season it was 142, remarkably close to his record in the prem at 144, 14 goals and 13 assists in 48 appearances. He was better the previous season with 17 goals and 14 assists in 42 appearances making a 115mins per g+a ratio, the year before that was 123 minutes per contribution with 10 goals and 15 assists in 3076 minutes. 

Baileys best season at Leverkusen he produced at a higher rate than diaby, and as we know is a better dribbler and more of a threat to start counters with his long passing. Diaby may have had a better all round game though.

They are still remarkably similar statistically of course. And I would mot be shocked if diaby makes a big improvement next season as he can really drill into emery's tactics and gets more used to the physicality of the prem. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

I thought Diaby, Rogers and Bailey linked up really well today, along with Watkins in front. Definitely need to see these 4 on the pitch as much as possible.

Think the only time we should see diaby through the Middle is when Bailey is also down the right otherwise I'd prefer him to be more of a true winger and have Rogers in the centre who can use his physicality to battle the CBs and come short. 

34 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Yeah, what I was alluding to, is if that's the case, there is a hell of a player in there waiting to come out!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I mean statistically that's not true. I can't profess to have watched enough to say whether it's exactly true or not. 

His last season at Leverkusen Bailey averaged a goal or assist every 110 minutes in all comps, 15 goals and 11 assists in 40 appearances. This year he's averaging a goal or assist every 103, 14 goals and 13 assists in 43 games 

For diaby last season it was 142, remarkably close to his record in the prem at 144, 14 goals and 13 assists in 48 appearances. He was better the previous season with 17 goals and 14 assists in 42 appearances making a 115mins per g+a ratio, the year before that was 123 minutes per contribution with 10 goals and 15 assists in 3076 minutes. 

Baileys best season at Leverkusen he produced at a higher rate than diaby, and as we know is a better dribbler and more of a threat to start counters with his long passing. Diaby may have had a better all round game though.

They are still remarkably similar statistically of course. And I would mot be shocked if diaby makes a big improvement next season as he can really drill into emery's tactics and gets more used to the physicality of the prem. 

I remember one thing stattos and journalists kept saying about Diaby, when we were linked to him and a few others, is that he may not necessarily be the most flashy, but he's the most consistent and effective + best all round etc.

Whereas the likes of Doku are " flashy " .

47 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

**** superb tracking back for that equaliser. Outstanding.

THAT is why Emery continues to big him up.

Attitude>>>Application 

Totally fair to say not a great debut PL season...

Keep going moose. Tough old league over here. Take us home to 4th.

I think it's unfair to phrase it like that. It hasn't been great in the sense of like a genuine world class player and he's a number of poor games. But despite that he's got 13 goal contributions which is tied for 23rd in the league. He also forced 3 own goals. He's also only played 1850 minutes. He gets a goal contribution as frequently as Julian Alvarez 145 minutes per goal or assist each, Solanke is only at 1 every 140 minutes, someone like havertz is at 156.

Diaby has overall been very impactful this season. And had Bailey been a lesser player this year I'm sure diaby could have been pushing for 10 goals and 10 assists himself. 

I'd like to have him with a chant using Miss Dynamite's song because I want to hear the Holte sing in the Alto range. 

Mous-sa Dee-arb-ieeee-he-heeeee :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Grealish got 6 goals and 10 assist in his best season.

Diaby got 6 goals and 7 assist in an apparently terrible season.

I thought that challenge, that hurt his back, got his "paddy" up.

He seemed aggressive after that.

Edited by TRO
  • Shocked 1

12 hours ago, paul514 said:

I think they'll be delighted.

22 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I'd like to have him with a chant using Miss Dynamite's song because I want to hear the Holte sing in the Alto range. 

I'm not sure you really do 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

I thought that challenge, that hurt his back, got his "paddy" up.

He seemed aggressive after that.

I think that's where he struggles, aggression. He's not the biggest but he seems to have been lacking in aggression. After that point he seemed to just get stuck in more,  not going to win every header or challenge but he needed to try, after that point he did and it made a difference to his influence on the game. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

That's great, but his first name is Mohammed.

Â