Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

2 hours ago, tinker said:

I think that's where he struggles, aggression. He's not the biggest but he seems to have been lacking in aggression. After that point he seemed to just get stuck in more,  not going to win every header or challenge but he needed to try, after that point he did and it made a difference to his influence on the game. 

I agree.

I often talk about having bigger players, but I am acutely aware, smaller players with aggression suffice part of it...Salah, Aguero, Messi all show/showed controlled aggression.

Moussa imo is still acclimatising to the Prem, and it takes various players, varying time scales. He will adapt, I am sure.

I think when he gets right, the resistance to the bullies, and adapts a more physical stance, ( and that can also be timing) we will see the best of him.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

On 22/04/2024 at 11:18, TRO said:

I think they'll be delighted.

ah right so say he is shit and then when he shows he is excellent they can just enjoy it.

Flip flop

• Haha 1

On 22/04/2024 at 11:13, Pinebro said:

Grealish got 6 goals and 10 assist in his best season.

Diaby got 6 goals and 7 assist in an apparently terrible season.

Interesting but two incomparable seasons in terms of performance level.

• Like 2

On 21/04/2024 at 22:51, paul514 said:

He was far superior to Bailey at Leverkusen.

He will make a proper nob out of the doubters.

How many are doubting his potential? Some have criticised some of his performances, and rightly so. But I don't think there's too many of us saying he certainly won't come good.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, paul514 said:

ah right so say he is shit and then when he shows he is excellent they can just enjoy it.

Flip flop

I don't see anyone saying he is ****.....I think that's a figment of your own imagination.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I have

I have too. I don't think he's 'shit' by any stretch, but I expected a lot more from him this season, although I think he might be finding a bit more form again now. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

How do you determine that?

Do I really need to explain? Grealish was borderline world class at times for us.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

I have too. I don't think he's 'shit' by any stretch, but I expected a lot more from him this season, although I think he might be finding a bit more form again now. 

The settling in at a club is such a massive deal. We absolutely live in a world whereby if a transfer doesn’t immediately pay dividends on the pitch, then a player is shit.

It’s madness! Bailey, Watkins and Konsa should all hold as examples of players who adapt, settle and then improve. Diaby has the skill set to absolutely fall into this (and he’s had a good season in any case). 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Do I really need to explain? Grealish was borderline world class at times for us.

Well not too surprising when Grealish was essentially the whole team.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

8 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Well not too surprising when Grealish was essentially the whole team.

Do you think Diaby of this season could carry a team in the same manner and dictate attacks?

Hoping (against hope) that he does a Bailey and turns his form around but I wouldn't count on him in the trenches, based on recent performances. Was no surprise to see him substituted

Â