Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Like I said, he's shown glimpses. Not sure what point you're making.  I saw Bernard Gallagher make some good tackles in my time. 

If what I have set out is “glimpses” in your book, we are not disagreeing, you just chose the wrong word. “Performances that helped us win 7 points” would do through.

5 goal 7 assists in 21 starts and 12 subs. It's absolutely not terrible and lightyears ahead of what Bailey did for years.

The issue is the sub appearances and the getting the early sub now. He's not made himself the main man and he should be

Just now, beasley14 said:

He has recently scored and assisted in a bunch of games, have we forgotten that already?!

What's that got to do with him being shit tonight?

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Maybe we should have kept Gerrard because Ferguson came good for Utd?

That has to be the worst comparison I've ever seen on any footballing forum... ever. Congratulations.

He didn't have a good game, but none of our attackers did until we conceded second goal, and that was due to the way we set up, as in we were sitting back for much of the match, it wasn't a game for the attackers. Was only three league games ago that he provied assist for Zaniolo to rescue a point against West Ham and scored and assisted against Wolves to help us win that

• Like 2

Just now, Tomaszk said:

What's that got to do with him being shit tonight?

Nothing, but the general consensus is that he's a failure and people want to sell.  He's been on form recently, everyone has a bad game.

Just now, rodders0223 said:

5 goal 7 assists in 21 starts and 12 subs. It's absolutely not terrible and lightyears ahead of what Bailey did for years.

100%.

He's nowhere near 'Bad Bailey' levels.

I'm sure he'll be ok. League has shook him up a bit I think. When he gets some confidence back into his game, he should fly.

27 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm just saying the situation is not the same a Bailey.  He may still come good and has shown glimpses. 

I'm amazed Emery hasn't managed to get him ticking.

Let's see what next season holds. 

You're absolutely right. Diaby already has more goal involvements than Bailey managed in his first 18 months.

Edited by AV82
  • Like 3

His game is different to Bailey, by the time I think he’ll improve, but he will never do what Bailey does, however he’ll be more direct and add another dimension to the team. 
For now hopefully everyone can show his worth by helping us achieving our goals in the next few games.

Same as last year, we’ve focused on results, performances came from preseason onwards.

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

Being as we keep buying Leverkusen's RW and the replacement is statistically even better if we get Frimpong I'm fully expecting them to sign the next Pele there next 

It’s not the same Leverkusen I’d assume. I don’t think clubs will be able to buy their players easily. They will probably give it a try before trying to sell. However they might sell from their squad.

Edited by abdulaziz1

9 hours ago, AV82 said:

That has to be the worst comparison I've ever seen on any footballing forum... ever. Congratulations.

I thought my Bernard Gallagher making some good tackles one was up there! 

All I know is everytime he gets the ball I'm off my seat willing him to do something, which I know he can because as has been said here he's had spells of decent output. But then I'm generally sat down again feeling disappointed. 

Next season is a big one for him. We're a club going places. We spent one hell of a lot of money on him, maybe people have forgotten how much. 

Next year he needs to be performing far more frequently.  Pointing back to one good month isn't going to wash. 

I'm sure he'll get there but right now I don't think it's out of order for people to be questioning our record signing (by quite a distance) right now. 

• Like 1

He's done well in his first season in a very difficult league - one that is far more demanding physically than what he's previously experienced. 

He's played 2605 of minutes in all comps and chipped in 15 goal contributions. That's not bad at all.

We paid a lot of money for him, so I do get that there are additional layers of expectation on him.

• Like 3

Awful against Lille, awful against Arsenal. Not writing him off forever but it's like watching a little kid out there at times. Every move seems to end with him.

Â