Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

Goal and assist but for the positions he gets in his vision and passing isn't really that great.

Would prefer him being more in the role Bailey's had this season of cutting in from out wide and getting shots away.

Everything was more aggressive and positive about him after the goal. Even his celebration. I really hope he can channel that kind of energy more consistently throughout games and seasons. A passive Diaby defeats the whole purpose of signing Diaby. 

• Like 1

He was shite, where is all this praise coming from? I've never seen a player bottle so many 50/50s, make so many poor decisions. The fact that Rogers looks the better player says everything for me. Expect a lot better from him in these kind of games. 

• Like 1

And also, what the **** was he playing at before Dougies pen? Why get involved with that shit at that stage in this game? 

7 hours ago, T-Dog said:

He was shite, where is all this praise coming from? I've never seen a player bottle so many 50/50s, make so many poor decisions. The fact that Rogers looks the better player says everything for me. Expect a lot better from him in these kind of games. 

Goal and assist?

The guy is frustrating but that's because more than anyone in decade maybe time and time again he gets into so many dangerous positions every game. Yeah he fluffs them but he's there, he always gets there and he's always a threat and contributing to goals.

Maybe we should just have someone who hides after missing one.

Shite???

On 01/05/2024 at 22:14, WallisFrizz said:

Maybe the fastest a player has reached 50 appearances for us?

looked like it too near the end, he looked shattered

agree on getting frustrated about the 50/50s, he was pulling out (kw) but at the same time i also thought there were 3 or 4 tired poorly weighted passes for him to run on to too, he's still not there yet and needs to / will get better, he's had a 6.5/10 season IMO tough start but he's not shite, those first 15 minutes of the 2nd half last where he's overlapping and running off bailey, if we can get that for 90 mins we'll be laughing and very exciting to watch

One of the few positives from last night was the link-up play between Diaby and Bailey. Obviously played together a fair bit at Leverkusen, but they once again looked very good in an attacking sense.

Think there's a great partnership there.

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Goal and assist but for the positions he gets in his vision and passing isn't really that great.

I was thinking of how to word this but this is spot on for me.

In certain moments he has quality in others he’s not. I’m not expecting him to be Hazard. But the pass he made to Watkins for the goal he was in a similar position in the first but it was the wrong decision to make the pass as he was too wide and Ollie too far to travel but he did it anyway.

I suppose all I want is consistency but is he or are we at a level to expect a player to be able to do that all game. 

I don’t want to sound like I’m slating him he made a big impact on the score just not necessarily on the game. 

I thought he was too far off the midfield in the first half playing in the 10 role, but saying that he changed the direction of the game and his goal was superb.

I do think with him, Bailey and Rodgers in the same side we are far too lightweight and open in midfield which imo is causing us problems and did last night. It's not on Diaby though.    

Useless. 

What does he do? 

He can't beat a player, he can't control a ball, he does nothing. 

I'd swap him for that Adingra in a heartbeat. 

• Like 1

TBF I just think having both him and Bailey on at the same time without a 3 man central midfield isn't the wisest thing to do. Both are far too lightweight out of possession, which is to be expected, but at the detriment of the team.

• Like 2

Â