Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

Lively when he came on. But the tactics changed. Nobody likes to be subbed off as a sub, but it was purely a pragmatic decision. Our attacking play was very poor in the second half and he had little to work with.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

He was the wrong sub for Tielemans tbh. Should've came on for Bailey later on. That's on Unai. 

Only other option was Tim and given we won with Diarby as a 3 behind Watkins last game I can see why he did it .

The issue is the 2 in cm Luiz and McGinn never got on ball to feed that front three.The three spend most of game running after the ball and defending.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

He was the wrong sub for Tielemans tbh. Should've came on for Bailey later on. That's on Unai. 

Eh, who exactly do you bring on? Yoiri went off. Kamara out injured, Ramsey out injured. Zaniolo out.

Edited by Captain_Townsend

1 minute ago, Nabby said:

Only other option was Tim and given we won with Diarby as a 3 behind Watkins last game I can see why he did it .

The issue is the 2 in cm Luiz and McGinn never got on ball to feed that front three.The three spend most of game running after the ball and defending.

There was a reason Diaby got dropped in favour of Luiz which was for the additional CM. Giving that up to play Diaby centrally was a mistake imo, a mistake that allowed Chelsea to overrun us in midfield second half. They were unlucky to be 2-0 at half time but as soon as Youri went off we should've stuck with the gameplan and kept the additional body in the centre.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Eh, who exactly do you bring on? Yoiri went off. Kamara out injured, Ramsey out injured. Zaniolo out.

We gave up the midfield bringing Diaby on when Youri went off. I'd have brought on Tim instead of Diaby. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

You should see Tim's thread...

I don't believe Tim's to blame especially as he replaced Luiz rather than being brought on to support him and McGinn. Imo we lost the midfield and that was the major difference in the performance second half. We lost the numbers game.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

In hindsight I'd rather we bring on Duran or even switch formation than constantly try to force a square peg into a round hole.

However I do admit with us playing on the counter it made sense to bring him on tonight.

Edited by AV82

1 minute ago, mattyvilla said:

Just hope that is hasn't damaged the relationship with Unai the way he stormed off and had to be fetched back by Luiz

Think it shows Passion that he wants to play 

I want to really like him but I’m at the point now watching games where I just expect him to lose the ball or our attack to break down when it gets to him.

I’ve been saying this for some time now, but what is he? He’s not a no.10 for me and I don’t think he can play as a striker. That leaves the right wing position which is usually occupied by Bailey or McGinn on the right of midfield. 

I feel he’ll never be what he could be or what we want him to be, certainly at £45m, until he locks down a position and gets a run of games there. It speaks volumes that a kid from Boro signed for 8m in January has shown more in 7 games than he has all season quite frankly.

He’s a bit of a problem. I hope he comes back next season raring to go having used his first season to really acclimatise to the league. I think we all like to point to the Bailey example but let’s not forget that, that is an anomaly rather than the norm. 

Has to do A LOT more. 

The kid signed for 8m was brought up 9 miles down the road so he's settled right in, Diaby has had to adapt to a new country with no support network.  We know he can do it but when the ref offers players no protection from a physical team he suffers. If he had the same protection as Saka then maybe we would see more of him in possession. 

I'm glad he stormed off tbh, alot better than skipping off with a smile on his face . 

The lad has the ability and hopefully he'll improve as it is his first season in the premier league and he wouldn't be the first player to take some time to adapt.

However, he does feel like a passenger in the games too often so I'm sure that is something Unai will be working on with him.

I feel for Moussa tbh. I dont understand shelling out £50m plus on a very good winger, only to try and change him into a number 10.

It's like buying a striker for £100m and asking him to play CM. 

Hard enough moving countries and adapting to the pace of the Prem without having to learn a new position.

That said he needs to up his game, whatever position he plays in. That will come with time and a good pre season. There's a very good player in there, hoping we see the best of him next season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NorthEastVillan said:

I feel for Moussa tbh. I dont understand shelling out £50m plus on a very good winger, only to try and change him into a number 10.

It's like buying a striker for £100m and asking him to play CM. 

Hard enough moving countries and adapting to the pace of the Prem without having to learn a new position.

I agree with this. 

We are though in a needs must situation so many players aren't playing in the preferred or natural positions

• Like 1

Â