Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

49 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Thanks for that, I wasnt aware that my opinion doesnt have a direct effect on our manager. Now I know.

Another tired comeback in a discussion. Did I say I know more than the manager? It's just my opinion. Like yours or anyone else's.

Glad I could help. 

I do think he will come good but the one concern I have is how easy it can be to nullify him physically due to his size. I think the onus is on us to give him better service to use his speed and dribbling ability more.

Edited by villan95

I'm not worried about Diaby long term.

It's just a combo of finding the position/system which allows him to use his strengths and him settling down.

More competetion will be available next season too so that may boost him further.

• Like 4

I can't work out where he can play in this system. He doesn't seem to do that well in the support role to Watkins or the right side of midfield that drifts central. I feel like hes most dangerous sort of on the shoulder/inside of the opposition FB/CB but he never picks the ball up there.

We need to get him and Bailey on the pitch together and when one plays support and the other RM they are almost in each others spaces. Feel they should be on opposite sides of the pitch.

13 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

I can't work out where he can play in this system. He doesn't seem to do that well in the support role to Watkins or the right side of midfield that drifts central. I feel like hes most dangerous sort of on the shoulder/inside of the opposition FB/CB but he never picks the ball up there.

We need to get him and Bailey on the pitch together and when one plays support and the other RM they are almost in each others spaces. Feel they should be on opposite sides of the pitch.

I thought Bailey and Diaby played well with Duran in the middle against Ajax.

• Like 1

Diaby hasn’t been that bad in his first season, he’s got a reasonable goal contribution return and has scored some excellent goals. He’s played his part in the team’s success, a top four team don’t forget. He’ll improve next season I’m sure of it. But I do wish we’d get him on the shoulder of defenders more running into space, he’s quick and a good finisher but we’re not seeing those characteristics as much. 

4 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

I thought Bailey and Diaby played well with Duran in the middle against Ajax.

He and Duran have a chemistry, absolutely, and play off each other well.

I’m not doubting the guys ability for a second. Just would like to see him try to beat a man and get a cross or shot off more often. Seems reluctant to try. 

Bailey even when he was apparently shit kept trying.

Its why I think it’s more a confidence thing than anything else.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m not doubting the guys ability for a second. Just would like to see him try to beat a man and get a cross or shot off more often. Seems reluctant to try. 

Bailey even when he was apparently shit kept trying.

Bad Bailey was much worse than Bad Moussa. So far.

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Bad Bailey was much worse than Bad Moussa. So far.

Bad Bailey was never that bad in my opinion. Just became a scapegoat for some reason.

He struggled in a team that was struggling. Diaby is struggling in team that is 4th.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bad Bailey was never that bad in my opinion. Just became a scapegoat for some reason.

Mmm, we'll have to disagree yeah. You see he was playing shit. So people said "Bailey is playing shit".

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ozvilla28 said:

Alot of us got our pants pulled down saying the same about Bailey lol.

Yes and Diaby is a better player.

Have a feeling he will score a couple more goals before the season ends.

His form has gone to shite and he looks ineffective and weak but we've all seen how he started the season, I think he may end the season in the same manner.

5 hours ago, brummybloke said:

His form has gone to shite and he looks ineffective and weak but we've all seen how he started the season, I think he may end the season in the same manner.

He helped us a lot in the last two months, kept improving.

6 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Well except last month where he villa won player of the month. 

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He struggled in a team that was struggling. Diaby is struggling in team that is 4th.

Nah bad Bailey was pretty bad sometimes. He'd just be tripping over himself and getting dispossessed often. Even at his worst, Diaby's worst crime seems to be that he can't beat his man or doesn't even try. Worlds away from Bailey's worst. It's why I'm quietly excited to see his upturn in seasons to come. I suspect his ceiling might be higher too just like his floor.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Nah bad Bailey was pretty bad sometimes. He'd just be tripping over himself and getting dispossessed often. Even at his worst, Diaby's worst crime seems to be that he can't beat his man or doesn't even try. Worlds away from Bailey's worst. It's why I'm quietly excited to see his upturn in seasons to come. I suspect his ceiling might be higher too just like his floor.

Moussa to his credit is still working hard and doing his positional work well, as you say Bailey was bad in a different way. My biggest problem with Diaby at the moment is his passing. I have faith he will come good but its fine to say hes not doing well at the moment. 

• Like 1

Â