Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Another appalling showing, he really has just dropped off a cliff, everything he touches turns to shite

He was actually trying today - very hard to influence the game 2-0 then down to 10 men

I really hope he comes good like Bailey next season. 

Bit of a busted flush this season, but Bailey was, now he is one of our better players. 

15 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He was actually trying today - very hard to influence the game 2-0 then down to 10 men

He's been trying in most games, it hasn't stopped his form nose diving, he couldn't even control a simple pass when put through. Nothing is going right for him, he's either got some major issues going on outside of football or he's just having a huge stinker which has lasted 5 months or so now. Today he was awful again.

How confident was everyone when they saw Diaby and Zaniolo lining up to salvage something from the game?

The depth in our attacking options have been atrocious this season, makes our current position all the more remarkable when you think about it.

Bailey showed regular signs of promise and was hampered by injury, which is a legitimate excuse for struggling with form for his first season. Diaby has literally created one goal scoring chance in about 20 games. No pace, no strength, no composure, minimal passing ability. Needs to pull his **** head out of his arse and stop moping around like he’s ’low on confidence’ I’m not buying it anymore. He’s a grown man who needs to show a bit of resilience, grit, energy, commitment, hunger, which any 50m+ professional footballer should have by default.

Bailey was knackered, but when he come on did absolutely nothing as per the last few months, gets the ball and you know he’ll hit the 1st man with his crossing as he did all game 

Considering what we've spent on him we could've spent half and got more for our money. Unbelievable, how bad he looks compared to earlier in the season. It's not like he's got injuries to fall back on as an excuse.  

With Diaby, I always come back to the question, ‘what is he?’.

He doesn’t strike me as a winger as he rarely looks to beat a man. He’s not really a striker and he isn’t really technical enough as a 10.

I dunno, I hope and prey it clicks, but I’m not sure in what position it will happen for him.

Bit of a bizarre signing for me. Doesn’t really fit the system? Odd one. 

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

With Diaby, I always come back to the question, ‘what is he?

Easy.

Rubbish.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Everything changed for Diaby after his injury, so that's how I make sense of his spiral into the void.

All we can do is hope some post season rest and recovery and a pre season reset get him back on track. 

Or maybe Emery decides to cut his losses and makes Diaby the one big name sale we make to comply with FFP.

14 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Everything changed for Diaby after his injury, so that's how I make sense of his spiral into the void.

All we can do is hope some post season rest and recovery and a pre season reset get him back on track. 

Or maybe Emery decides to cut his losses and makes Diaby the one big name sale we make to comply with FFP.

We’d have to sell him for more than we paid and even then in terms of FFP it would be barely anything. 

On 09/03/2024 at 12:03, Nicho said:

While I agree Daiby is still up there in stats in terms of goals and assists.

But the eye test says he’s just not doing it at the moment. I hope he has that one good game that sparks him into life, maybe that needs some luck first.

Think the Burnley game destroyed his confidence as he missed so many chances that day

Has looked a shadow since but Luton assist shows a player still there

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Think the Burnley game destroyed his confidence as he missed so many chances that day

Has looked a shadow since but Luton assist shows a player still there

Anyone can whip a ball in occasionally, I don't think that shows anything, but we do know from his early form here how good he can be. Right now, he looks like a little kid playing against men.

Â