Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

I'm convinced he will come good and probably when we need him the most ,maybe Sunday, maybe later on in the season. Baileys form may have alot to do with Diaby being in the squad, competition in a squad is a big benefit and one that's not lost on Emery. Sooner or later Bailey will miss matches or lose form and Diaby is good enough,  on form, to replace him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tinker said:

I'm convinced he will come good and probably when we need him the most ,maybe Sunday, maybe later on in the season. Baileys form may have alot to do with Diaby being in the squad, competition in a squad is a big benefit and one that's not lost on Emery. Sooner or later Bailey will miss matches or lose form and Diaby is good enough,  on form, to replace him.

He may prove to be good enough eventually, but to say he is good enough on form is inaccurate to say the least...

His form has been horrible for months now!! If Bailey misses matches I hope it's in on our pre season tour in July, because I'd be genuinely worried if we have to rely on Diaby on the run to the end of the season.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, tinker said:

😁

Screenshot_20240308_210641_Chrome.jpg

Yes well done for replying with something irrelevant, I have long ago said I was wrong about Bailey... 

I didn't write Diaby off either, I just pulled up your comment of Diaby being good enough on form... which is simply not accurate

Try replying with something relevant. Now you look silly twice ...

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, FLVillan said:

I have this theory about this - that so often takes a period of not playing, not even being involved (excluding being dropped because that affects confidence) for new players to settle.  It's why you so often see the second season being the breakout one for many.  The off-season affords the player a chance to relax and settle off the field.  Take Dougie for example - he was a different player after the mid-season suspension for covid.  Had a period of time away from playing, away from the daily grind to reflect, get affairs in order and actually take stock.  

Exactly! I bumped into Jordan Ayew and Jordan Veretout mentioned once and they both mentioned the shock at the speed and intensity of the Premier League and that was some 7 seasons ago. 

The Premier league has gone up a whole different level now. The foreign players will take different amounts of time to adjust and thankfully our coaches will give them that time. 

On 07/03/2024 at 21:50, sheepyvillian said:

I'm beginning to wonder if he lacks the physicality for the Premier League. You can't wait and expect things to happen. Bailey was never this poor, he was mainly injured in his time under Smith and Gerrard. I don't think Diaby has the guile that Bailey possesses. 

It reminds me somewhat of the contrast between two former Villa players, Mark Walters and Tony Daley. Walters was the skilful one and Daley was jet - heeled, but unlike Diaby, he could score a goal or two. Yes, that was a great assist against Luton, but he should be producing those consistently for the money we paid.

He was awful for long periods! He looked hopeless.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rolta said:

He was awful for long periods! He looked hopeless.

Like I said, he was never as poor as Diaby has been and he was very injury prone in his first couple of seasons, but he still managed to put in some decent performances at VP. 

When was the last time Diaby lit up a game? One good assist and the odd goal here and there, for 50 million, you're having a bubble. 

25 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Like I said, he was never as poor as Diaby has been and he was very injury prone in his first couple of seasons, but he still managed to put in some decent performances at VP. 

When was the last time Diaby lit up a game? One good assist and the odd goal here and there, for 50 million, you're having a bubble. 

While I agree Daiby is still up there in stats in terms of goals and assists.

But the eye test says he’s just not doing it at the moment. I hope he has that one good game that sparks him into life, maybe that needs some luck first.

Just now, Nicho said:

While I agree Daiby is still up there in stats in terms of goals and assists.

But the eye test says he’s just not doing it at the moment. I hope he has that one good game that sparks him into life, maybe that needs some luck first.

The eyes rarely lie. And that just shows how "stats" can be so misleading. 

Put it this way, if he was here on loan like Zanilolo, I doubt we would keep him.

I hope he can turn it around, I really do. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

The eyes rarely lie. And that just shows how "stats" can be so misleading. 

Put it this way, if he was here on loan like Zanilolo, I doubt we would keep him.

I hope he can turn it around, I really do. 

Completely agree, my hope is the stats show that he has the quality to do it.

He’s bordering on terrible at the moment. 

11 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

The results of multiple one night stands at Uni suggest you're utterly, utterly wrong. 

I think you should go further down for where the fault lies there.

First of all Diaby has not cost 50m yet. It was reported that at least 10m euros was linked to add ons.

I also distinctly remember Diaby starting the season as one of our best players and  being talked about as potentially the signing of the summer by other clubs. 

Yes, he’s had a sticky run through the winter but Emery has only ever spoken positively about his application and commitment. 

As we saw at luton, ultimately quality always shines through and I have zero doubt that Diaby is going to be a very important player for us in key games in the run in and next season. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

As @R.Bear pointed out previously Bailey was poor in his first season but came good

Where has R.Bear heard this? And why has no-one ever mentioned it on Villa Talk before? 
😜

Edited by Stephen_Evans
  • Haha 1

I'm hoping this has the effect of guaranteeing a good performance from him today, thus making me look silly, but he really really needs to show flashes of his true ability soon or risk looking like the season's biggest flop.

He is potentially 1 big reason why we may struggle against FFP the next season or two, but has given us very little in return so far. 

Must do better 

Â