Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

Its like seeing Bailey come out of his tough period. Much more confident , which is making things come off. Properly stretching his legs now and showing his electric pace. Played as a number 10 and was superb. There is no doubt whatsoever that we have a real player. Rodri our striker coach will turn him into something really scary. 

• Like 2

Certainly shown enough potential for me to want to give him the time he needs.

We know what he is capable off as seen early in the season and recent weeks.

1 hour ago, His Name Is Death said:

Not 'Direby' anymore, then? What a surprise.

Almost as if he's not an awful player whom we supposedly overpaid for and just needed to regain his confidence.

Yep. Really illuminating to go back and read the ridiculous hyperbole by some just weeks ago. 

• Like 1

For as poor as he's been in spells, Diaby is 3rd on the team in overall npxG+xAG.

Still providing some end product. I think the build up part of his game is the weakest right now as he's a bit of a passenger (like Tielemans) when opponents try to press us high. But when we've got the ball, he's been pretty useful in the final third.

image.png.a9123c1719ce34ea1dff06544087059e.png

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

For as poor as he's been in spells, Diaby is 3rd on the team in overall npxG+xAG.

Still providing some end product. I think the build up part of his game is the weakest right now as he's a bit of a passenger (like Tielemans) when opponents try to press us high. But when we've got the ball, he's been pretty useful in the final third.

Interesting statistics....

It just goes to show that for the remainder of the season Villa need to get Diaby in the team; thought he did track back quite successfully on a few occasions. 

Also, the same for Digne over Moreno and Cash needs to be playing more often than not (he was great yesterday against Spam).

• Like 1

I have a feeling he is the key man for our run in. 

Not because he's our best player, but because an upturn in form will allow us to play a system Emery is comfortable with and helps us hide the injury/suspension crisis we currently have. 

• Like 3

I'd be happy to play him wide left with Digne in behind for the extra security.  

Could play Central with Tielemans wide left.  Even better is Ramsey is back.

Either way he will be getting more minutes, had a good last few games which is great to see. 

11 hours ago, beasley14 said:

I'd be happy to play him wide left with Digne in behind for the extra security.  

Could play Central with Tielemans wide left.  Even better is Ramsey is back.

Either way he will be getting more minutes, had a good last few games which is great to see. 

His assist and goal recently came from right. 

23 hours ago, DJBOB said:

OK, I will call for this one. What are “PKatt”s and why is Douglas Luiz the only one who’s got any of them?

Â