Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

19 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Need to find a way to play him and Bailey together, it can't be one or the other. We have to get them both firing at some point.

I'm inclined to agree. Because if its one or the other then it's Bailey by some distance obviously. I don't think our record signing should be making 15 minute cameos and I don't think he will accept that long term either.

We need to find a way to play them both or sell Diaby. It goes without saying that this is completely dependent on Diaby getting back to his best form.

Edited by R.Bear

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

Enjoyed watching his celebration when Digne nodded his cross home. 

Everyone, including Digne, ran to him as if he was the one who scored the goal. Was a nice touch.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Enjoyed watching his celebration when Digne nodded his cross home. 

Turned to fans to celebrate straight away.

That's one thing, he's always looked genuinely chuffed when a team mate scores.

• Like 3

Would like to see more of him, he is clearly a very dangerous attacking threat and was one of our best players early in the season. Hopefully these good performances off the bench are earning him a chance to show what he can do in a key game

4 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Not his first crucial cross too. Served up the beauty to save a point at Bournemouth away. 

Destined to be moved out wide but now at a log jam with Bailey. 

It's clear after months that he isn't some sort of Greizmann type number 10 playmaker in the making.

He's a wide forward so it would be good to have him and Bailey either side of Ollie but UE doesn't really want to play that way unless it's a plan B chasing the game situation as we'd then cede a bit more control centrally.

At least it's something to look at more next season I think.

Its going to be an interesting watch what happens with him the rest of the season, If this poor form continues does anyone think we might sell him to aid our FFP issues....

It would make more sense if he just started rubbish, with slight bursts of ability to then end up in the form he's in now. 

The bizarre thing to me is he started so well but has completely fell off. I do expect he'll come good again next season but wow he's not good at this moment. 

• Like 1

I sometimes wonder if Emery's multiple meetings and instructions play on the minds of players too much, especially when they're a bit out of form and trying to get it back. Takes up too much cognitive load. 

Feels like this could be the case with Diaby. 

Edited by May-Z

I'm close to just writing Diaby off for this season in the hope that he comes good next year. I always expect the player we saw earlier on but constantly disappointed week after week. If its a confidence issue then its a very big one.

6 minutes ago, Farlz said:

It would make more sense if he just started rubbish, with slight bursts of ability to then end up in the form he's in now. 

The bizarre thing to me is he started so well but has completely fell off. I do expect he'll come good again next season but wow he's not good at this moment. 

Something must have happened to him. A divorce or homesickness or a family bereavement or something. He looks like a defeated man, which is such a shame because he's a bloody good player.

5 minutes ago, Enda said:

Something must have happened to him. A divorce or homesickness or a family bereavement or something. He looks like a defeated man, which is such a shame because he's a bloody good player.

Body language legit reminds me of Junior in Cool Runnings before he finds his confidence.

• Haha 3

Â