Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

Has he ever played or been tried on the left in his career?

Has a decent cross on him as well so maybe worth a temporary shot?

Him on the left and Leon on right for some games?

34 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

People used to post this constantly about Leon. It won’t happen and it isn’t the answer it will all come together eventually. The workrate and application is there.

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

If only we had previous experience of signing a jet-heeled, box-o-tricks winger from Leverkusen who had only shown his ability in flashes before coming good...

This guy isn't a Milot Rashica (whatever happened to him?!). He's a full French international we signed from a regular Champions League team.

WHEN we have him and Leon full throttle, the streets better be ready!

I would also add it wasnt flashes as such. He was genuinely world class at times for those first 10/12 games. He's still near the top for chances created even though most of them came in the first 10 or so games. 

• Like 1

There is definitely an excellent player there. 

But just because one tricky winger from leverkusen who had a rough time for the first year eventually came good, does not mean that Diaby will come good too.

I have all the hope for him, but recent performances are really below par. I hope it's a confidence issue, because if he did not apply himself on the training ground and made similar mistakes Unai simply wouldn't play him. 

On 31/01/2024 at 17:02, Tayls said:

I reckon he’s hating the fact he left Leverkusen and they are now smashing the Bundesliga. 

Oh Dear......that doesn't bode well.

"Lightweight".....can be interpreted in many different guises.

....but he's lightweight, right now.

In such circumstances a players talent has to compensate, and render that statement irrelevant....but that's not showing consistently either...just odd moments.

I think we are all hoping, we see the real version, (that the club, fought to pay £50 mill for) show up.

Maybe next season.....as Leon Bailey did.

45 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

There is definitely an excellent player there. 

But just because one tricky winger from leverkusen who had a rough time for the first year eventually came good, does not mean that Diaby will come good too.

I have all the hope for him, but recent performances are really below par. I hope it's a confidence issue, because if he did not apply himself on the training ground and made similar mistakes Unai simply wouldn't play him. 

I am disappointed, so far, and concerned for the money spent. I think hope is what we cling to.

Application is what it's all about......He wouldn't be where he is without talent, but it's only half way there, without application.

Footballers all employed by the top clubs, have talent, which many quote....it's like saying well known singers have a good voice....its stating the bloomin' obvious.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I’d love to see both him and Leon attacking the space in behind Porro and Udogie at the weekend 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I don't think it's about position, albeit, I could be wrong......He looks to me, like he wants, needs more space, and less press......Maybe we move the ball too slowly for him...I don't know, but he looks ineffective in our team.

Many players in football, even in the Prem, are great, until the press comes in, and they falter, choke, lose the ball, and composure just drifts away.....and they become negated.

Leon was similar....but he seems to have found the mojo, to make his opponents run scared......Wingers have to put the fear of god in to their opponents, else they get negated.

Leon has found the swagger, that Moussa is searching for.......Too many football folk, Know Moussa is a special talent, that's not really in question, we can all see it.....its application he has to find, and be an effective force.

his expression when subbed last night said it all , he knew it was coming ..and rightly so 

first 5 or 6 games , he was the main bright spark in the team  , I don't know what happened after that , maybe he hasn't settled in the UK , maybe Bailey upped his game and Daiby suffered as a result 

guess next season is a big test 

3 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

If only we had previous experience of signing a jet-heeled, box-o-tricks winger from Leverkusen who had only shown his ability in flashes before coming good...

This guy isn't a Milot Rashica (whatever happened to him?!). He's a full French international we signed from a regular Champions League team.

maybe we should give a bit more credit to the defenders in the Premier League.

Wingers come to these shores, and soon find out how difficult it is to shine, like they did back home.....The top clubs invest heavily in defensive minded talent, and it's hard to pull them around.

I think it will take him time, to work out, the best way to shine in this league.

It's painful when he tries to take someone on, he can't seem to get past anyone? Really not sure if beating players is in his locker?

He tried to go past someone yesterday and I just had zero faith in him, think it got blocked for a corner in the end.

It's all become a little top negative on here about him. It's only a game ago he made a great impact as sub against Luton. Hopefully he does the same against spurs. I'm not concerned about his form. I know he will come good for us just as I had faith in Watkins and Bailey. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

It's painful when he tries to take someone on, he can't seem to get past anyone? Really not sure if beating players is in his locker?

He tried to go past someone yesterday and I just had zero faith in him, think it got blocked for a corner in the end.

Trickery and dribbling Bailey or Traore style isn’t his game, it’s more receiving the ball in tight spaces turning and playing a pass or shooting, pace and the ability to get in behind. His finishing and vision were key elements of his game and that ability to pop up out of nowhere with a goal there were times he went missing in games beginning of the season but he had that knack of finding space and scoring now the goals have dried unfortunately. People need to get their heads around the fact that he’s not a highlight reel dribbler of the ball and more of a player who attacks the space well.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

They call them Two-Tecs, they tote like two tecs,
And when they start to bust they like to ask, Who's next?

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

Trickery and dribbling Bailey or Traore style isn’t his game, it’s more receiving the ball in tight spaces turning and playing a pass or shooting, pace and the ability to get in behind. His finishing and vision were key elements of his game and that ability to pop up out of nowhere with a goal there were times he went missing in games beginning of the season but he had that knack of finding space and scoring now the goals have dried unfortunately. People need to get their heads around the fact that he’s not a highlight reel dribbler of the ball and more of a player who attacks the space well.

Deft with that left, solid finisher. As youve said he has a nous for finding himself in position where all he needs is that first time strike. Great ability to possess. That alone can make a striker. Hes not a striker though and i do wonder about how he will contribute to the team dynamic. 

Not doubting him but i was confident in Bailey's finding not just form but establishment in this side.

I dont know with Diaby, but sense that he and Unai will have to come together, and hopefully as consequence the team benefits.

Edited by A'Villan

Â