Pau Torres

Delphinho123

15 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

57 games West Ham have played this season, we’ll be looking to play the same or more hopefully next season too. Mings and Konsa can’t play all of them 

And Carlos plus Dendoncker and Chambers can cover. They be fine vs Astru Giorgiu or AFC Riga

Rather sign a young player with potential instead of an overpriced one that will take at least a season to settle

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Maybe they are not 100% sure about Diego Carlos coming back to a 100%?

According to an article in the British Medical Journal (yeah I went there), return to full performance after an Achilles Rupture can occur in as few as 61% of cases (depending on injury type). It's still more likely than unlikely, but that is a large uncertainty.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

And Carlos plus Dendoncker and Chambers can cover. They be fine vs Astru Giorgiu or AFC Riga

Rather sign a young player with potential instead of an overpriced one that will take at least a season to settle

Carlos still has a question mark over him, I don’t want to go into this season with dendonker and chambers in the picture for centre back cover. 

21 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Maybe not anymore but he spent a lot of time playing left back before he came to Villa.

Mings has said himself he can’t play full back now given body type without getting injured.

59 minutes ago, ejs1111 said:

If we sign Pau Torres...  I think this means we will not be signing another RB and will be playing a style like Villareal when UE was there.  3CBs plus a LB.  Cash becomes the backup RB.  We would likely see a back 4 of Konsa/Mings/Torres/Moreno with Cash/Carlos/Chambers/Digne as the squad players to rotate.

It is really starting to appear that the asymmetrical attacking style we have adopted will continue.  Focusing our attack on the left and having our RB/CB hold for defensive stability.  Frankly I'm ok with that.  Provided that we really strengthen our attacking options up front (Nico/Kang-In/Gonclaves/etc etc)

Can anyone who has watched UE's other sides say whether the asymmetric approach flips sides during the course of a season at all? Or did he build the team so it was only ever in the one configuration?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Can anyone who has watched UE's other sides say whether the asymmetric approach flips sides during the course of a season at all? Or did he build the team so it was only ever in the one configuration?

Have wondered this myself. I'd love for there to be the option of that just to provide a plan B in case plan A gets stifled, though I reckon Unai probably knows better than me about that possibility.

In any case, I reckon Mings automatically provides us that as the LB/LCB though less so Cash (despite formerly being a midfielder). Perhaps KKH if no one else?

12 hours ago, ejs1111 said:

If we sign Pau Torres...  I think this means we will not be signing another RB and will be playing a style like Villareal when UE was there.  3CBs plus a LB.  Cash becomes the backup RB.  We would likely see a back 4 of Konsa/Mings/Torres/Moreno with Cash/Carlos/Chambers/Digne as the squad players to rotate.

It is really starting to appear that the asymmetrical attacking style we have adopted will continue.  Focusing our attack on the left and having our RB/CB hold for defensive stability.  Frankly I'm ok with that.  Provided that we really strengthen our attacking options up front (Nico/Kang-In/Gonclaves/etc etc)

It's exactly what was thinking 👍

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ejs1111 said:

Man City & Liverpool play a little like this in that the fullbacks play inverted and join into midfield and they go to 3 at the back with two holding in front? Not sure.

All I know is that if we’re going to play this way, we do need another centre half and you’re right, it might be that we don’t sign an out and out right back. I would be surprised if we weren’t in for Foyth or interested in him. 

Â