Pau Torres

Delphinho123

Haha @villa89. Tbf, Asensio was a practically done deal until PSG decided to hijack the deal at the last minute so I wouldn't be counting any chickens until he's ITSOTP. 

One thing I was told to expect is a slow window with a lot of clubs needing reinforcements but with FFP concerns, making deals more protracted than usual. 

And with the likes of Bayern interested in Torres as well, it wouldn't surprise me to miss out last minute again. Although this one does have credibility.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Would like this signing and I was told by an agent it was credible a good few weeks ago so I'm hopeful on this buy, as with any potential signing, nothing is certain u til the deal is done. 

I agree, however, nothing is certain in this game - as we've seen in the past. One minute a deal seems nailed on and the player is ready to join and then out of nowhere 'boof' nothing materialises and the deal is off, regardless what the agent says. See Brian McBride and Milot Rashica transfers as examples.

There are many factors that go into a transfer of any player too and the stars need to align in all areas for the deal to be completed.

Hopefully this one gets over the line though and completed without too many problems.

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

The reason it’s a short thread because there is nothing really to say

1) Seem most think it would be a great buy so nothing to argue about

2) it’s not a priority position we need so we aren’t desperate if it doesn’t happen so people aren’t tense

3) it’s a CB so no sexy skilful videos to watch

Hard to create a long thread when nothing to argue/debate about.  He’d be a fabulous signing…40,000 likes!

Got it in one Nick. 

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

The reason it’s a short thread because there is nothing really to say

1) Seem most think it would be a great buy so nothing to argue about

2) it’s not a priority position we need so we aren’t desperate if it doesn’t happen so people aren’t tense

3) it’s a CB so no sexy skilful videos to watch

Hard to create a long thread when nothing to argue/debate about.  He’d be a fabulous signing…40,000 

Ok so defenders don't have skill and there's nothing to discuss. Fine.

I'd argue that. And I would also say he would be a massive upgrade defensively so again I'd disagree.

My point was, that this is the only really credible link other than Asensio. All the other player threads lately have been made up rubbish with zero credibility.

I hope this gets over the line.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

My point was, that this is the only really credible link other than Asensio. All the other player threads lately have been made up rubbish with zero credibility.

Quick question, whats the difference between this thread and the Álex Baena thread? Both started with articles by 'Sport Witness' so I'm just curious.

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Quick question, whats the difference between this thread and the Álex Baena thread? Both started with articles by 'Sport Witness' so I'm just curious.

There are several credible links about Torres and have been for a while. 

22 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

There are several credible links about Torres and have been for a while. 

To be honest I don’t know what a credible link is these day in regards to Villa.  There are obviously some we hope we trust more than others and there are many flat out fakes but I’m not in the camp there are any credible links these days apart from the tap ins that Fab, Collomosse and Percy does right before we sign a player and the cat is already out the bag.  By the time they really come out it’s only a day or hours before we sign the player.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Is it really credible?! From previous experience, media transfer rumours involving Villa that go on as long as this has in the public domain are rarely credible. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Is it really credible?! From previous experience, media transfer rumours involving Villa that go on as long as this has in the public domain are rarely credible. 

Yes it is credible. As in, we definitely have strong interest in the player. That doesn't mean he will sign, but I know for a fact we are interested in bringing him in. That's what I meant by credible.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Yes it is credible. As in, we definitely have strong interest in the player. That doesn't mean he will sign, but I know for a fact we are interested in bringing him in. That's what I meant by credible.

For a fact?! Where did you get your info? 

3 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Ok so defenders don't have skill and there's nothing to discuss. Fine.

I'd argue that. And I would also say he would be a massive upgrade defensively so again I'd disagree.

I hope this gets over the line.

The  tielemans one seems solid ? 

4 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Haha @villa89. Tbf, Asensio was a practically done deal until PSG decided to hijack the deal at the last minute so I wouldn't be counting any chickens until he's ITSOTP. 

One thing I was told to expect is a slow window with a lot of clubs needing reinforcements but with FFP concerns, making deals more protracted than usual. 

And with the likes of Bayern interested in Torres as well, it wouldn't surprise me to miss out last minute again. Although this one does have credibility.

Bockwurst or McDonalds.........come on.....only one winner.

Â