Pau Torres

Delphinho123

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

That account is complete spoofer and should be on banned list. Tagging Romano in the tweet doesn't give it more credibility

Yep 2 days ago he was saying the Monchi deal was off. He is now on my block list

42 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I have red flags against Torres since World Cup when Spain played a midfielder at centre back ahead of him and now he can't even get a call up

Sound like the Spanish Mings, sign him up already

Edited by HongKongVillan
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Condimentalist said:

Have said it elsewhere but we're not spending big money replacing Mings, and nor should we.

Much like two right footed centre backs can play together so can two left footed one's. You don't know what the agenda is with regards to Ming's future if we sign Torres, unless you've got the ear of the coaching staff.

47 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Surely a lot depends on Tyrone’s contract situation.  

46 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Especially as Unai seems to like him 

He signed a new contract in February. 

1 hour ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Much like two right footed centre backs can play together so can two left footed one's. You don't know what the agenda is with regards to Ming's future if we sign Torres, unless you've got the ear of the coaching staff.

I don't think it matters. Neither Mings nor Konsa should be dropped, and Carlos can cover both sides as we know. So I just don't see the case for splurging on an expensive CB who may not even start.

If we are going to spend decent money in defence the obvious player type is someone who can play RB and also CB, to compete with Cash and provide cover across the back. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

FFS That guy is a speaking twitter bullshit artist. So much blah blah blah

Maybe it's an art to say so much while saying absolutely nothing.

It's just a shame that so many have so much time to waste listening and speculating about this kind of bs instead of doing something productive with their lives. Go and read a book FFS not give this guy oxygen.

(not in any way negatively aimed at you @IrishVilla10)

You are in a speculation thread. How about you go and do something productive instead of fighting what you believe is nothing? If you are right and its "bs" then you are punching air while telling others to be productive

Pau would be a great signing. People need to chill regarding what that means for Mings - plenty of games to go around (not to mention formations that include them both)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

He signed a new contract in February. 

I don't think it matters. Neither Mings nor Konsa should be dropped, and Carlos can cover both sides as we know. So I just don't see the case for splurging on an expensive CB who may not even start.

If we are going to spend decent money in defence the obvious player type is someone who can play RB and also CB, to compete with Cash and provide cover across the back. 

What Emery wants he should get simples … Competition raises standards - no one should be guaranteed a spot in the first XI 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

What Emery wants he should get simples … Competition raises standards - no one should be guaranteed a spot in the first XI 

The only exception to that is probably Martinez.  But everyone else has to fight for their spot, regardless of how well they've played last season.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

Unai might disagree with you there if he believes Pau can transform the way we play out from the back.

And he's four years younger than both Mings and Carlos.

Edited by Tom13

32 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Unai might disagree with you there if he believes Pau can transform the way we play out from the back.

And he's four years younger than both Mings and Carlos.

His passing stats are superior to both Mings and Konsa.  If playing out from the back is the aim, he's better than both of them.  I'm sure he can defend too 🤣

• Like 1

If a player of Torres’ ability is available, affordable, and willing to come, why would we not do it?! 

We don’t even know what system Emery wants to play next year, and if it involves 3 CB’s then having 4 (and a good RB who can also play in the centre, like Walker) might be a key part of squad rebuilding. 

I don't watch Spanish football, so this could just be complete waffle, feel free to say if is.

From what I've read about Pau , his biggest strength is reading the game. I have a feeling that if we are looking to bring him in its because Unai sees him as the perfect trigger for his high line. I believe he would have no problems playing at right center back and really think Konsa may be considered as an option in that right back position as city have used Akanji this season.

Â