Pau Torres

Delphinho123

Could Pau play CDM when Tyrone returns.

In certain tough games, him and Kamara, could be formidable....with Dougie playing further up.

just a thought.

38 minutes ago, TRO said:

In certain tough games, him and Kamara, could be formidable....with Dougie playing further up.

just a thought.

I think in that position he loses the time on the ball that makes him so effective, he also takes the ball facing his own goal a lot more which means he loses the ability to scan the whole pitch with his vision, no doubt he could plug a hole there but don't think it's worth what you lose for the long term 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

just a thought.

Mings doesn't get in our starting line up.  Pau is an absolutely integral part of our back line and how we play - why on Earth would we move him into a position he's never played before?!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Mings doesn't get in our starting line up.  Pau is an absolutely integral part of our back line and how we play - why on Earth would we move him into a position he's never played before?!

Mings does, he'd play RCB though. 

8 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Mings does, he'd play RCB though. 

I don't think he does.  Konsa and Torres will be our central pairing going forward.  Mings will be a squad player.  He's in his 30s, has had a serious injury and played zero part in our best season for a long, long time.  I just can't see him coming back and being first choice.

Mings and Carlos would be the rotational pair of central CBs when Konsa is deployed as a RB and we effectively are playing with 3 CBs.

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

I don't think he does.  Konsa and Torres will be our central pairing going forward.  Mings will be a squad player.  He's in his 30s, has had a serious injury and played zero part in our best season for a long, long time.  I just can't see him coming back and being first choice.

Have you not seen how abd we are at defending set pieces? 

14 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Have you not seen how abd we are at defending set pieces? 

I’ll take being 4th in the league and having the ability to build play in the way we do over a marginal improvement on defending set prices. 

Â