Pau Torres

Delphinho123

Formalised offer 😄

How many of these terms can be generated? 

Established potential bid

Blue-printed passage of transfer 

Chain of command box ticking complete to consider terms 

Deliberation of future bid maximised

Dick-swinging between club and agent ready to commence

• Haha 4

Absolutely 100% yes to this btw. Mings and Konsa have been/are great but we have to think bigger than just the starting 11. Rotation for Europe/cups, playing differently against certain opposition. 

Yes, we're more lacking in top quality going forward but improvement should be continuous wherever possible. 

Will be a decent 3rd/4th choice player next season. I have a feeling he will need play next to Mings or we will be weak defensively as Carlos also unproven in England

I’m not against signing him but I’d question this one a bit. With Carlos coming back into the fold over the summer. Are we really expecting a new centre back partnership? Especially after how well Mings and Konsa performed since UE came in. 

I know we will need a squad next season but I can’t see any of the four mentioned CBs being happy sitting on the bench. 

For what it's worth apparently whatever the local Villarreal media source was that reported it is actually quite reliable for news on them, which might lend a little more credence to it than your average Spain-based rumour mill.

Would be quite a statement of a signing were it to happen, he's quality. Can't see two left-footed players partnering one another though and I'm not ready to let Tyrone go as a key player 💔

2 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

I just don't see us spending big to replace Mings from the first XI, and nor should we.

I wouldn't look at it like that. If we want to be competitive in all cups (and now potentially with another full set of European fixtures) we need a bigger squad. We flogged the same 14 players to bits last season.
We strength AND Quality in depth. Torres, Mings, Carlos, Konza. Two will play depending on form and fitness, which will will vary across the season. Everybody needs to earn their place and stay healthy, and then there's the need for tactical flexibility too.

• Like 2

Emery continuing his quest to get the sexiest defensive line in all of football

Moreno, Mings, Carlos, Torres, Cash

So sexy. It's a shame Emi isn't a bit better looking

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I can't see us signing him if he's not got assurances that he'll be starting a lot of games. 

We're going to find out this summer what Emery really thinks about almost the entire squad, Martinez included. I can see a couple of surprises coming. 

Great player. I think Mings and Konsa is developing a very strong partnership, partly because they face different types of opposition and challenges together regularly,  and I hope the inevitable rotation and alternating partnerships does not affect that in a negative way. 

It will be a challenge to keep it fresh and familiar at the same time.

Â