Pau Torres

Delphinho123

Would be a huge coup if we managed to sign him in my opinion. As others have said, there’s no downside and he’s a massive talent.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge but would he play the same side as Mings?

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Would be a huge coup if we managed to sign him in my opinion. As others have said, there’s no downside and he’s a massive talent.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge but would he play the same side as Mings?

Yes he's left footed LCB

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Indeed.  I'm not sure we're expecting Mings to play over 50 full games next season either. 

A rotational back 2 of Mings, Carlos, Konsa and Torres, where Konsa also spends some games at right back, gives a lot of playing time to all 4.

That even assumes Carlos comes back to full fitness, something we've not seen happen yet.

Maybe different comp rotations but CB pairings are usually maintained in the league with most teams

The Athletic reporting that Torres is on Man City list if they can't land Gvardiol. Laporte will leave and they need a LCB to replace him in squad. 

It says they could turn to Torres later in window but Villa and West Ham have already registered their interest. I think Torres might wait to end of window and see what top clubs might be left interested before deciding to come to Villa. 

Lots of the window works out this way going to the wire

I’m sure we would like to act quickly but if agent/player stalling to see what happens with Bayern (as is his right) then we just have to play the waiting game. Although it must come to a point where we move on to other targets ourselves if it is taking all summer. 

From what I can see, Hernandez want to move to PSG, so they need a replacement which is looking like it’s going to be this Kim Min Jae dude. If KMJ doesn’t sign for Bayern then maybe they move for Torres instead?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

The Athletic reporting that Torres is on Man City list if they can't land Gvardiol. Laporte will leave and they need a LCB to replace him in squad. 

It says they could turn to Torres later in window but Villa and West Ham have already registered their interest. I think Torres might wait to end of window and see what top clubs might be left interested before deciding to come to Villa. 

Lots of the window works out this way going to the wire

That’s even more interest in him than I thought. I could stomach losing out on a main target (if he is) to Bayern, PSG, Man City etc but West Ham would be a blow.

10 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

That’s even more interest in him than I thought. I could stomach losing out on a main target (if he is) to Bayern, PSG, Man City etc but West Ham would be a blow.

I can't see him turning down us and Emery to go to West Ham given where they finished in the League too

• Like 1

Â