Youri Tielemans

thejoker

8 minutes ago, bose said:

Groin injury. Probably out for the season sadly I’d think

Certainly a 2-3 week job. May be in contention for Europa final if we make it as going by last season that's 10 days after the final league game.

Most worryingly is he seems to need a couple games to get back to speed, we only have 3 league games and hopefully 3 Cup games left. If he's out for 2 weeks, that's 4 of these games gone.

Hopefully he just got a kick in the bollocks and a bit of deep heat will sort it 🤞

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Unsurprisingly, we lost all control of the midfield when he went off.

Said this in the reaction thread. His injury was the turning point. He’s been visible fantastic recently but the quality of someone like him is the things he’s doing off the ball to kill space. 

Massive turning point in the game. 

• Like 1

Losing Emi and Youri hurt us yesterday. We just need to hope we can get them back ASAP. 

Given the start he had here Youri's gone on to be a very important player for us this season and been a great signing. 

6 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Most worryingly is he seems to need a couple games to get back to speed, we only have 3 league games and hopefully 3 Cup games left. If he's out for 2 weeks, that's 4 of these games gone.

Hopefully he just got a kick in the bollocks and a bit of deep heat will sort it 🤞

When I get a boot in the nads, the first thing I reach for is the deep heat.

• Haha 3

Not great no matter the severity. Probably why he was so angry. Potentially missing a cup final after so many pivotal wins. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Not great no matter the severity. Probably why he was so angry. Potentially missing a cup final after so many pivotal wins. 

Yes, his reaction said it all. I'm sure in that moment he knew his season was over 😞

On 27/04/2024 at 22:57, lapal_fan said:

Unsurprisingly, we lost all control of the midfield when he went off.

At no stage in that game did we have control of midfield. We may have competed a little better when Youri was on, but Chelsea’s midfield pretty much ran the show for the majority of the match. Injuries and lack of squad depth are costing us.

11 minutes ago, meregreen said:

At no stage in that game did we have control of midfield. We may have competed a little better when Youri was on, but Chelsea’s midfield pretty much ran the show for the majority of the match. Injuries and lack of squad depth are costing us.

I think having Tim rather than Diaby might’ve helped more. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, meregreen said:

I agree, we didn't have control of the midfield however, we stopped Chelsea taking control of it with Youri in there. When Diaby came on we gave them full control imo

4 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I agree, we didn't have control of the midfield however, we stopped Chelsea taking control of it with Youri in there. When Diaby came on we gave them full control imo

Agreed. Horses for courses. Diaby isn’t an enforcer, he’s an attacker. We’re simply down to the bare bones squad wise. Be a pity if after such a good season, our lack of options costs us right at the death.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

And likely missing the Euros if so.

He should still go to the Euros as that doesn't start until mid June. If it's at the worst end of a groin/abductor injury (i.e. 6 weeks), he'll be ready for the tournament even if he's not quite match fit from the start.

Obviously though I hope he's back for us to play some part in our last few games, otherwise we have McGinn and Luiz as our only senior central midfielders which is really cr*p luck.

• Like 1

Â