Youri Tielemans

thejoker

He was playing alongside Meatballs yesterday wasn't he? He's often been better just behind Watkins but yesterday he looked so good in the middle. There was a few times in the first half where Odegaard and co were breezing through our midfield a little bit. But in the second half the tweak we made (instruction or tactical adjustment) made a huge difference. We were bossing cosistently, and he looked so good. 

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Jesus. He was even better than i remembered. Dropping like Kamara does and then playing inch perfect balls through the press. And still had energy to close down after 90 minutes. What a passer of the ball he is .

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Jesus. He was even better than i remembered. Dropping like Kamara does and then playing inch perfect balls through the press. And still had energy to close down after 90 minutes. What a passer of the ball he is .

he was impressive, they way he handled the ball in those tight spaces made me wince, but he was brilliant at it.

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Remember how harsh we were on him at the beginning of the season. I really hate football fans sometimes. 

Beginning of the season? More like few games back 🤣 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

Beginning of the season? More like few games back 🤣 

Early in the season the insults were more personal. Legs have gone, fat P.O.S. etc. You would think we'd resigned Danny Drinkwater the way VT was then.

What a ball for the Watkins goal. To have the composure in the last minute to put it perfectly into his stride is amazing. You would forgive a player for an anywhere will do type clearance but that was measured.

• Like 1

His best game for us vs Arsenal, it can't be underestimated how instrumental he was to us controlling that second half, it was a truly world class performance and we wouldn't have won that game without him dictating that game.

I'm not sure I've seen an as assured performance from a villa midfielder vs that quality of opposition.

Absolutely brilliant.

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

What a ball for the Watkins goal. To have the composure in the last minute to put it perfectly into his stride is amazing. You would forgive a player for an anywhere will do type clearance but that was measured.

a mirror of the ball he played for Lukaku at Wembley.

17 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Remember how harsh we were on him at the beginning of the season. I really hate football fans sometimes. 

We are ALL guilty of premature judgement.

The ability to integrate in to the mechanism of a team, takes time.....and we are all too judgmental too soon.....because we feel obliged to be.

Just because we have been watching the game for years, we feel obliged to know......and I think it's prudent to say, not sure yet.

I could get annoyed with myself, for doing it. Many of us are impatient. I know I am, sadly.

My apologies Youri… you’ve been excellent and at a time of such need 👏  Possesses so much quality, unlucky not to get a goal in that game…

Didn’t think he could hack it in a deeper role (has been really good in an attacking role but looked poor in central midfield earlier in the season) and may cost us with lapses/mistakes (mainly due to exhaustion) but he’s been superb… obviously helps having an elite, world class manager such as Unai but… he deserves a lot of credit and is becoming a key player…

No one knows better than Unai as regards improving players and managing fitness/stamina levels… hopefully we’ll have better luck next season and not so many (serious) injuries… with a bit of strengthening we will be a hugely formidable outfit too (even more than we are rn!) and have plenty of high quality options in the squad.

Edited by Jas10

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

We are ALL guilty of premature judgement.

The ability to integrate in to the mechanism of a team, takes time.....and we are all too judgmental too soon.....because we feel obliged to be.

Just because we have been watching the game for years, we feel obliged to know......and I think it's prudent to say, not sure yet.

I could get annoyed with myself, for doing it. Many of us are impatient. I know I am, sadly.

Yeah, premature JUDGEMENT--that's me.

🤐

• Haha 1

Â