Youri Tielemans

thejoker

Of course Dougie gets back in, as does Buendia and JJ. 

Were at the big boys table now. You can't go CL, league and cups  without a squad.i

Edited by colhint

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

We were told his legs had gone by some when we signed him. 

9 months into the season and he’s just gone 90-120-90 in consecutive games in a week. And been good to brilliant in all of them

When he signed there was a podcast with a Leicester fan who said the more minutes he plays and consequently, the better Youri becomes. It’s when he’s rotated out he gets worse. I think we starting to see that, he just keeps growing and growing as a player for us 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, colhint said:

Of course Dougie gets back in, as does Buendia and JJ. 

Were at the big boys table now. You can't go CL, league and cups  without a squad.i

I meant on Saturday

Absolutely crazy that we spent a combined £20m on our 4 main central midfielders that have gotten us to the cusp of top 4, and the vast majority was spent on Luiz. Tielemans and Kamara didn't cost us a penny in transfer fees. What a bargain.

• Like 2

Rewatching the game I was very impressed with his tackling and how he (along with others) was much better at cutting out the thru balls, huge improvement.

• Like 1

On 19/04/2024 at 09:24, Tom13 said:

He must have one hell of a sweet spot as most say he needs to play himself into form, now he's playing too often ;)

I love Youri, I love watching clever players, but there are games when he struggles.

That can be labelled at many.....consistency is very hard to achieve, but we have managed to improve it.

With more team strengthening, it will improve more.

I think there has been times this season where we couldn't play much better......but consistency is the next challenge.

We can also improve by narrowing the gap, between best and worst performances.

back to Youri.

I think Youri has been amazing in some games, and like you, love to see players with guile.

When he is on it, he is surely on it(ask the England team).....been very good for us lately.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

He was instrumental, at his time with Leicester, for those slick passes, between the lines to Vardy.

I think it's starting to happen with Ollie.

On 22/04/2024 at 07:58, cb_82 said:

Been great last couple of games and love his crowd interaction

I think he plays with Luiz Saturday and Mcginn will play up with Watkins

He seems to be really enjoying himself.

• Like 1

On 22/04/2024 at 12:54, Mantis said:

Absolutely crazy that we spent a combined £20m on our 4 main central midfielders that have gotten us to the cusp of top 4, and the vast majority was spent on Luiz. Tielemans and Kamara didn't cost us a penny in transfer fees. What a bargain.

That's what shrewd management does.

We can look at Brighton, Bournemouth etc.....but we are doing it ourselves.

It just seems strange that modest signings, seem to work out better for us, generally.....maybe because the whole club hasn't got a primma donna mentality.

I think we are canny with our model. it breeds players who want to prove, want to improve, and want to push back the boundaries.

Under the guidance of UE, they know, with their togetherness they can achieve more than they imagined....it really is an amazing time.

Â