Youri Tielemans

thejoker

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

Tbf to the lad, he’s played a ton of football recently. Dougie and McGinn have had their suspensions but since Kamara got injured I think he’s played pretty much every game. 

He must have one hell of a sweet spot as most say he needs to play himself into form, now he's playing too often ;)

I love Youri, I love watching clever players, but there are games when he struggles.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

I love Youri, I love watching clever players, but there are games when he struggles.

He absolutely must have a defensively strong player alongside him if he's to play well in the middle. 

• Like 1

Probably gone a little under the radar with some of the other performances but I thought he was immense today. Does way more defensive work than I thought he would. Anyone who thought he couldn't play in the midfield 2 must be eating their words.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, villan95 said:

Probably gone a little under the radar with some of the other performances but I thought he was immense today. Does way more defensive work than I thought he would. Anyone who thought he couldn't play in the midfield 2 must be eating their words.

He's so good at reading the game there was a moment where outtara won the ball off of digne and was charging on with a counterattack and Tielemans placed himself perfectly to intercept the through ball to Kluivert which pwuod have otherwise been a 1 on 1. 

• Like 2

I would seriously leave Luiz  on the bench for Chelsea. Never ever thought I would be saying this but we look better with McGinn and Youri 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

He covered for McGinn big time today

They are a wonderful pairing when Luiz is out, I think they work very well together (beyond the results showing that, of course) and may communicate better than Luiz with either of them in the same roles.

He obviously comes back into the lineup but I'm hoping he took some notes these past couple of games.

He was the player I was most excited we signed. After a rocky start to his tenure here he quickly stated showing his quality. Hoping to see a few more screamers which he used to do regularly for Leicester, but he is clearly absolutely class. Great vision, passing and has the perfect weight of a pass. 

Integral for us. Keen to see more of him next season. 

Â