Youri Tielemans

thejoker

22 minutes ago, TRO said:

We are ALL guilty of premature judgement.

The ability to integrate in to the mechanism of a team, takes time.....and we are all too judgmental too soon.....because we feel obliged to be.

Just because we have been watching the game for years, we feel obliged to know......and I think it's prudent to say, not sure yet.

I could get annoyed with myself, for doing it. Many of us are impatient. I know I am, sadly.

Speak for yourself mate. Never wrote off a player so soon. 

Expect Donk. He was shit from the off 🤣 

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Speak for yourself mate. Never wrote off a player so soon. 

Expect Donk. He was shit from the off 🤣 

I pretty much was, being self critical.....just tried to drag a few more in for comfort.😆

Perhaps All was a bit much...sorry.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I pretty much was, being self critical.....just tried to drag a few more in for comfort.😆

Perhaps All was a bit much...sorry.

Nah only messing mate. We have all done it at some point. It definitely helps when there’s such a top manager and coaches working with these players. 

Keeping on topic, well done to Tielemans. He’s clearly worked hard to get back to the levels he is capable of.

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nah only messing mate. We have all done it at some point. It definitely helps when there’s such a top manager and coaches working with these players. 

Keeping on topic, well done to Tielemans. He’s clearly worked hard to get back to the levels he is capable of.

Loved that performance....reminded me of his performance against England, where he dominated and I think was MOTM.

He has such a classy style and his passing at times is sublime.....really like watching him.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Arsenal allowed him to run into that space unopposed and never followed him, when we played Chelsea they followed the midfield running  into defense to receive the ball and it caused us issues. That's why Rogers and Zaniolo are important if we have that type of opposition, we need another option to pass to and on Sunday they gave us that option, every player has to be brave enough to accept that pass (they wasn't needed against Arsenal but they was there) 

I reckon Arsenal thought we was going to sit deep and they could go more offensive in midfield without being under to much pressure to defend, when we started to break forward with Tielemans passing range it was only going to end one way, Surprisingly Arteta stuck to his guns and never countered it, maybe that was a bit of stubbornness from him not to concede he had been out thought.

Edited by tinker
  • Thanks 1

He's been generally awful, without pace, physicality or urgency since he signed. There's been the odd snapshot of a good player now and again when he's played previously. He was poor against both Brentford and Lille.

The performance against Arsenal was, however, fabulous. More of the same please in future matches. 

The talent and application is clearly there which makes the previous performances all the more frustrating.

I'm getting Ray Houghton vibes. Rubbish most of the time but excellent in a game that matters.

Edited by jimmygreaves
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, jimmygreaves said:

He's been generally awful, without pace, physicality or urgency since he signed. There's been the odd snapshot of a good player now and again when he's played previously. He was poor against both Brentford and Lille.

The performance against Arsenal was, however, fabulous. More of the same please in future matches. 

The talent and application is clearly there which makes the previous performances all the more frustrating.

I'm getting Ray Houghton vibes. Rubbish most of the time but excellent in a game that matters.

Harsh but probably true. The only outlier to that would be that he takes a long time to get match sharp and could lose form quickly. Its why Brenda Rodgers always played him.  He was known for it .

The good news is that in the last 3 weeks he has been the best midfielder on the pitch against England and Arsenal . As you say it makes the bad games really annoying. 

1 hour ago, jimmygreaves said:

Yep, sometimes brilliant, occasionally amazing, but generally poor in large sections of the season.  Hope he can become more consistent next season.

2 hours ago, jimmygreaves said:

Generally awful is a bit harsh IMO.

• Like 2

He's s good player, people expecting him to run around like McGinn are going to be disappointed. He's neat and tidy but not energetic or physical. Performs better when we are dominating and not so well when we are under the cosh. He's been a very useful addition to the squad. People also forget he's not a first teamer, he's a squad player.

The way people run down his physical ability you'd think he's completely useless in that area. But he's more than capable of winning duels and has won plenty for us. Won a load at the Emirates.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 3

Â