Harvey Barnes

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

I'm not paying 20M+ for a championship player.

Don't allow them to hold us to ransom

We paid more for Ollie and look what he has done for us. Ollie had zero prem experience or goals either. 

Edited by Dodgyknees
  • Like 1

I get that Lesta fans have been critical of his performances this season (as they have been for most of their players).  

But - aside from the goals and assists he has managed these past three seasons - anytime I have seem him against us he has been a nuisance. Don't think workrate will be an issue. 

I like him too. Those scoffing at him make me laugh. Non of our players outside Watkins he reached double figures in goals scored and we need goalscorers in the squad. Assured goals in the PL. Barnes gives you that, with a load of pace and clinical finishing. I think we need that as a trait in the squad.

Pace, Strength and goals is what we need in our buys this summer. If we could get him for a reasonable price I would definitely take him. Under Unai I think he'd blossom. 

• Like 3

I'm not saying I think it's going to happen, or even should, but I don't agree with all of these "lazy link" shouts. It's been reported on by three fairly reliable people in Collomosse, Maher (good track record with Villa stuff) and Delaney (not even really a transfer guy, seems to only post about them when he has something legitimate) so it's safe to assume there's at least an interest there even if people aren't thrilled by the idea of it.

If he is a good presser and able to make good defensive contributions then he’d be an asset. If he’s just going improve our attacking play then we won’t sign him. Every player we sign has to defend and press. 

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

If he is a good presser and able to make good defensive contributions then he’d be an asset. If he’s just going improve our attacking play then we won’t sign him. Every player we sign has to defend and press. 

Just looked at fbref Yikes! His passing and defensive contributions are toilet. 

17 hours ago, Enda said:

At £20m nearly half the league would want him. The likes of Forest and even Brighton would snap at that price.

Would that be the bottom half?

Seriously though I think Newcastle would take him as they don't have a huge squad, he's better than Anthony Gordon and Jacob Murphy for example, but after that who's taking him? Are any of the sky 6 taking him?

Like I said I don't see it, replacing Buendia and Bailey is the key to the summer for me and I want proper CL quality and he's not it, neither is maddison, neither of them are that level

We're also not in the position where he comes in as a £20m squad player either

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

No more than £3m for me. We got Ginola for that and he was twice the player.

Sure he was 33 and this was 20 odd years ago but 20m for a "championship" player...scandalous.

We paid 26 mill for our top scorer and over 30 mill for Buendia mate.

From the " Championship "

30 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Would that be the bottom half?

Seriously though I think Newcastle would take him as they don't have a huge squad, he's better than Anthony Gordon and Jacob Murphy for example, but after that who's taking him? Are any of the sky 6 taking him?

Like I said I don't see it, replacing Buendia and Bailey is the key to the summer for me and I want proper CL quality and he's not it, neither is maddison, neither of them are that level

We're also not in the position where he comes in as a £20m squad player either

I think that probably applies to everyone - but it depends what you mean by "proper CL quality".  Chances of us getting a high-end CL player is pretty unlikely, no?  But if we can, then great!

As for Barnes, I don't think any of the "Sky 6" would sign him, no.  I also think that's partly down to him not being a fancy enough name (which is part of what people don't like on here, too IMO).

You'd have to do some convincing, though, to persuade me that Barnes is worse than Antony or Sancho or Mudryk or Trossard.

Â