Harvey Barnes

Delphinho123

I rate Barnes and have wanted him at the Villa for years. Emery doesn't seem to share that view tho so it will be interesting where he ends up. 

(Not sure why this isn't in other football, especially as the discussion is now about Levy and Spurs, but there we go)

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Maddison will cost at least 50m on his own.

Spurs.... lol

Maybe if they were still a PL team.

Leicester have one of the highest wage bills outside the Big 6, and Maddison has only 12 months left on his contract, they aren't getting £50m for him.

4 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Maddison will cost at least 50m on his own.

Spurs.... lol

Maybe they could come up with someone to use as a make weight.....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Maybe if they were still a PL team.

Leicester have one of the highest wage bills outside the Big 6, and Maddison has only 12 months left on his contract, they aren't getting £50m for him.

Ya I agree , c can't see them getting 50million for him, 

What is the highest a player has gone for the year they got relegated?

5 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Ya I agree , c can't see them getting 50million for him, 

What is the highest a player has gone for the year they got relegated?

City bought Ake for £40m I think.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, duke313 said:

Does the position Bailey plays has to be left footed?  Watching Bailey play there last season, his best assist has been when he stayed on his right and got a cross, I think we've scored a few goals like that last season.  Maybe a right footed proper winger playing there would get less goals but more assist, as we have planety of runners coming into the box for tap ins.

Doesn't have to be but Barnes plays on the left anyway doesn't he?

Ideally we'd get someone with two incredible feet who could also cover as a 10 and is world class. That's not Barnes either ;)

Rumours gone a bit quiet on this one.

I'm not sure what I hope for at the moment. A couple of months ago I suggested us going for him. But after more consideration I'm a bit afraid that he is a little bit of a one trick pony. The fact that he doesn't seem to fully fit to our tactics is an interesting one. If he mainly hugs the touchline and lurks around the shoulder of the full back, then runs at goal, well then that is not the way we play with our inverted wingers and Moreno bombing forward. But as Emery has said that he is looking for different porfiles on players, Barnes would give us the option to play with traditional wingers or wide forwards. With Digne as LB and Barnes LW or wide forward there we have a classic left side and would give us options to play that way in some games.

Now if it is sound to fork out £30-40M for a player who would excpect to play regularly, just to have in case of a back up tactic, I'm not sure.

Â