Harvey Barnes

Delphinho123

Matt is well respected at the club and has proper sources. This is on it seems, especially when they go down..

I’ll be honest, we have a LOT of money, if this is the best we can find, I’d be disappointed. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Would rather Kang-in or Williams. Unless we are getting all 3?

Nico Williams' is potential and Kang-in plays for a mid-table side in a far poorer league.

Barnes is ready and proven over several seasons in this league, lives about 45 mins away from Bodymoor, will be relatively cheap for an English player, and has put double figures away from the wing for a poor side.

Absolute no brainer than take a complete punt on somebody who, no offence, you've probably not really seen much of who has to settle here.

Edited by gilbertoAVFC
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Matt is well respected at the club and has proper sources. This is on it seems, especially when they go down..

I’ll be honest, we have a LOT of money, if this is the best we can find, I’d be disappointed. 

Backup option perhaps.

I think we should be aiming higher than Barnes. He has a good goal scoring record but his all round play leaves a lot to be desired, he just doesn’t impact game enough, that might sound counterintuitive but the worry is if the goals dry up what else does he offer? Leicester fans view him as inconsistent / frustrating etc and his stats other than goal stats are very uninspiring. If he was available at a bargain basement price I’d take him as a squad addition but often young English players end up significantly overpriced 

• Like 1

i know Emery said in his interview "we will assess all the players and formulate or summer strategy after the Brighton game".........but.......

Do we really believe that?, i dont tbh, i can imagine/understand they dont want to unsettle any players while the season is running, but i dont believe for one second that they dont have their transfer plans 95-99% nailed down already in terms of their desired targets etc!?

Some folk seem to not want to believe this but there's quite a number of credible links here. Doesn't mean it's going to happen but certainly seems like the interest is there.

For what it's worth I think he's a good player and even if it happened it doesn't mean he'd be the only player of his ilk to come in. The only natural wide players at the club are an underperforming Bailey and Traore who was only recalled on January because of the lack of options in that area. For much of Emery's time we haven't even had the option of having another wide player on the bench, much less be able to play two in the one game, so it could well be the case that they'll be looking at a couple of them. Who knows though, there's really no point in being prepared for disappointment before May is even over.

19 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Nico Williams' is potential and Kang-in plays for a mid-table side in a far poorer league.

Barnes is ready and proven over several seasons in this league, lives about 45 mins away from Bodymoor, will be relatively cheap for an English player, and has put double figures away from the wing for a poor side.

Absolute no brainer than take a complete punt on somebody who, no offence, you've probably not really seen much of who has to settle here.

I reckon he'll cost twice as much as either of those though. I'd rather we didn't spend on local players that have an English premium when they're in fact pretty average.

He's scored 12, but he's barely assisted anything. The times I've seen him show him to be fairly wasteful with his passing/ crossing, and only marginally better than what we have already.

Admittedly, my views of the other two have been far more limited, but their stats suggest they'd be far more promising.

All that said, whether we end up with one of them, Barnes,  or someone completely different, I'll be confident they're a good choice and Emery will get more out of them than whatever they've done before. 

Edited by MrBlack

5 minutes ago, jim said:

Would be a good signing, 12 goals for a team scrapping relegation isn’t to be sniffed at.

It's really simple, but we lack players who rack up pure goals and assists. Who else other than Watkins in this squad could you say could realistically hit 10 Prem goals in a season? Brighton have four, for comparison.

The bedding in period for Barnes will be much simpler, too: no need to move houses given Bodymoor Heath is an hour's drive away. Combined with Leicester's probable relegation and the fact they're broke as it is, and I think it'll end up being a deal too good to turn down.

• Like 2

one of those players that always looks quality whenever he plays us but whenever i see him play anyone else he looks average. if we can get him for a cut price then fine but wouldn't want us dropping 40/50m on him purely based on what i've seen

• Like 3

Â