Ratings & Reactions: Leicester v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/04/23 at 22:59

That was some finish from Bertie, there aren’t many in our squad that would have hit that first time either. Outcast by Steven Dickhead and to come back from Turkey to score the winner in such dramatic fashion, amazing stuff! I’m so happy for him, and his teammates were too, they love him to bits. 

We’re getting very good at winning games, even when we’re not perfect. Unai Emery is one hell of a talented man!

• Like 4

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

I wish I could see this.

Normally I criticise people who are witness epicness, but record it on their phones. I won't criticise anyone in the away end who records this!

• Like 1

The most impressive thing was the extent to which we slowed the game down in the 2nd half. Considering we played Saturday evening, it was such well executed game/energy management.

It's things like this from Senor Unai which set him apart from anyone we've had before.

• Like 4

Watkins was great and Moreno,  in fact as a team we were superb, MOTM  for me was Mings,  he's becoming everything  I didn't think he was capable  of becoming,  fair game to him.

Emery is unbelievable. UTV 

• Like 2

Had the ‘be quiet you’ll wake the kids’ text from Mrs Villan-Scott which is always a good sign. Haven’t celebrated a goal like that watching Villa on TV in a long time. 

Excellent performance in a tough game. We were patient and resilient. When they went to 10 we never panicked and the patience paid off. What a finish by Bertie. I love this team and I love Unai! UTV 😍

• Like 3

Wasn't expecting a win in this game even before Leicester sacked Rodgers, Leiester one of those teams that are doing poorly, but still got the players from when they were doing well and occassionally have the odd performance or result that recall to mind back to those former days, and then the dropping into the bottom three knowing they're fighting for their lives, and then possible sacked manager bounce made the task seem even harder, plus always hard to follow up a result like Chelsea with another, that's not just a Villa thing but a football thing in general for most clubs.

So very good result, and two great goals, wicked finish from Traore, and Watkins finish looked very skilful and deft in it's own subtle way after good play from him Buendia and Luiz beforehand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Thought we looked very leggy today. Our small squad was on display today but job done. Lovely moment for Bertie too. 

Absolutely.  3-4 additional QUALITY additions will really help us out this summer.  The sky-high confidence and belief this team has in themselves and each other is winning us games this same group would have lost in the past.

Really unusual game. We were the better team and controlled it for long periods but never really cut them open and created clear cut chances. 

Always good to win (especially away from home) when not playing well. 

I couldn’t really think of a MOTM but if I was picking the worst it would be Bailey without doubt. Offered nothing, can’t start the next time! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Harrowing last 10 tho. I don't find that fun. Just traumatic. In a good kind of way lol.

Yep I had a gut feeling we were going to throw it away. 

• Like 1

Â