Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

4 hours ago, beachboys1 said:

personaly dont think well get any more  incomings

Thin squad to get through to Jan in 4 competitions surely? Jaden, Aaron Ramsey, archer etc. All outgoing, Coutinho probably now too. They probably would all have got games in Europe/League cup, you'd think we need a few to come in.

If we don't sign somebody it'll have been such a mistake to sell these players. I just don't think we'll get it that wrong.

Window would've been great as it is to be honest, maybe one short in attack, but a great window with the only real mistake being letting Young go.

But if we then gut the periphery of the squad after two major injuries, we'll be flying by the seat of our pants by end of November. Maybe we'll scrape through to January no bother, but the way the last couple weeks have gone you can imagine a couple more injuries still to come when the games pick up.

Hopefully something is in the works. Ferran in by end of the window maybe

10 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

If we don't sign somebody it'll have been such a mistake to sell these players. I just don't think we'll get it that wrong.

Window would've been great as it is to be honest, maybe one short in attack, but a great window with the only real mistake being letting Young go.

But if we then gut the periphery of the squad after two major injuries, we'll be flying by the seat of our pants by end of November. Maybe we'll scrape through to January no bother, but the way the last couple weeks have gone you can imagine a couple more injuries still to come when the games pick up.

Hopefully something is in the works. Ferran in by end of the window maybe

Yeah, particularly with Jaden doing so well in pre season, not looking out of place against good opposition. We’re only getting 5 mil for him, how desperate must we be for that money if we’re not getting in a replacement?

9 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Yeah, particularly with Jaden doing so well in pre season, not looking out of place against good opposition. We’re only getting 5 mil for him, how desperate must we be for that money if we’re not getting in a replacement?

JPB did well in pre season, but really did nothing in his cameos in the league. ( Granted, maybe not fair judgement, but it's sink or swim at this level )

Also, there is a reason we are only being offered 5 mill for him, and from a team like Hull.

That's just the truth imo.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

All a juggling act. Sell a couple players now or never and get decent returns which will help for future signings but may weaken us now.

Big phill could go and we have space for pretty good quality young signing on a 5 year deal.

Slim margins but one I trust will be for the benefit of the club. May be right or wrong to offload the players we do but it's ultimately down to whose here at the end of the window to do us proud.

58 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Thin squad to get through to Jan in 4 competitions surely? Jaden, Aaron Ramsey, archer etc. All outgoing, Coutinho probably now too. They probably would all have got games in Europe/League cup, you'd think we need a few to come in.

Think the manager is basing it on Donk, Moreno and Ramsey all being available within next month. Our left side looks miles stronger for a start and Digne has been fine last games so there's good depth there.

Hopefully Zaniolo can come in and make an impact so we have ability to push Diaby central if anything happens to Ollie.

I presume this is a realistic attack for us at some point this season:

Ramsey...............Diaby..........Zaniolo

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

I wouldn't worry as things stand. Offloading all of these players has been the plan for a while, especially if you want to improve the squad and upgrade on what is departing.

Now that part seems to be taken care of, it's pedal to the floor for Monchi on obtaining any further incomings between now and Friday. 

Not forgetting that we may also be relying on other clubs sourcing their replacements before they're allowing any of their players to depart.

It's the waiting game and the beauty and thrill of the last week of the window.

I don't think we will be too thin by the time all is said and done. B)

• Like 2

Off loading players who will play 500 mins or less a season is a good idea regardless who comes in.

offloading pure profit players for FFP allows us to spend a lot of money IF the owners wish to do so. It hasn’t been massive money out of their pockets recently but we can’t complain about their injections of cash taking us from where we were back to a competitive club in the top half.

Edited by paul514
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Good result today. Perhaps Everton should have signed him for £30m? Seems like your sort of overpriced nothing player you'll be stuck with on £130k a week.

Villa have had one or two of those too.

Is Acuna link totally dead now?

He didn't feature for Sevilal tonight, they've signed Pedrosa from Espanyol who's an LB and he started so while the clubs might be apart on fee agreement I wouldn't rule that out suddenly accelerating as deadline hour approaches.

Unless Emery has been really impressed by Digne's level in last week and has changed his mind but I think his latest comments were just keeping all options open in case Digne stays.

4 hours ago, KMitch said:

No, that's Connor Hourihane...  Everyone here acts like JWP is Hourihane 2.0.  He's a much better player than anyone wants to admit.  

Yep, hes still got it and was at his peak a couple years ago. people don't realise just  how close we came to signing him a couple years ago. Would have helped massively at the time but a bit of a driving doors moment.

Now, we've moved on as has he.

We need 4 more players, we won't sign that many unless digne and big phil go, but we do need a keeper, a right back, a left midfielder and a forward.

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Is Acuna link totally dead now?

He didn't feature for Sevilal tonight, they've signed Pedrosa from Espanyol who's an LB and he started so while the clubs might be apart on fee agreement I wouldn't rule that out suddenly accelerating as deadline hour approaches.

Unless Emery has been really impressed by Digne's level in last week and has changed his mind but I think his latest comments were just keeping all options open in case Digne stays.

Acuna is injured atm.