Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

20 minutes ago, useless said:

Brewster was more highly rated than Archer as an academy player, was regular with England from an early age through the age groups and the, performance at U17 World Cup would have enhanced his reputation as well, was top scorer when England won it, also scored hat-trick in the semi-final against Brazil and then scored in the final as well, only youth level, but things like that add value as a lot of it's about potential, and to be fair to him when he first went on loan to the Championship he was actually very good.

Archer just played a part in helping the U21’s win a tournament they hadn’t won in 39 years. At men’s football Archer has also outperformed Brewster at every level both have played at. Not sure playing well in kids football should carry as much weight as it does imo. 

• Like 3

So happy with the business done. As we all seem to agree, first team stronger, and squad much deeper.

Diaby is a fantastic player. Pau is quality, but he may need a bit to time till we can get the best out of him. Tielemens is quality, and means we have an alternative deep lying playmaker to Luiz.

Lenglet is a good rotation option, and cover for the injured Mings, will slot in nicely when needed I'm sure.

Zaniolo for me is a wild card. The class is plain to see, he oozes it! Top quality and a powerhouse. I believe if he stays fit he'll be better than Diaby. He's looking hungry. 

This is what I believe will turn out to be our strongest line up. Now I think it is rough on Ramsey to not be there but he is certainly pushing to be in there with Mcginn and Zaniolo. Zaniolo and Diaby would be swapping positions and are basically interchangeable in the formation.

Screenshot_20230902_170703_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.59990faf4c836af68e06d6b04555e175.jpg

The backup team looks good enough to get us to the quarters of the ECL.

Screenshot_20230902_170939_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.d573acf1b31152e1429e8301c445d934.jpg

I'm satisfied with that. Can't wait to see the season unfold.

Edited by Philosopher