Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Page 1000 boom ! … 

Ernest Nuamah, a player I wanted us to sign had signed for Lyon, probs as a replacement for Cherki - wonder if he’s on our radar. Expect the domino’s to fall as the window end approaches. 

Edited by thabucks

Feels like we are still one short at the back - whether that’s a RB or a CB - ideally someone who can play both given the system we play. 

You would think that surely we will have one more attacker coming in, given the clear out - Wesley, Davis, Archer, Ramsey, Philagene, Countinho . . . . . And Buendia injured. 

18 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

Feels like we are still one short at the back - whether that’s a RB or a CB - ideally someone who can play both given the system we play. 

You would think that surely we will have one more attacker coming in, given the clear out - Wesley, Davis, Archer, Ramsey, Philagene, Countinho . . . . . And Buendia injured. 

I'd like us to have a Right sided Moreno type as well if possible.

We need to be able to switch up the attacking sides.

6 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Chiesa, Torres, Fati, Johnson. These are all players we’ve been linked with that haven’t moved yet. I’m sure there’s lots more.

Agree. I have no doubts we'll bring in a right footed, left winger.

Of all our 7 forward players, only Watkins and Buendia are right footed, it's an absolute must.

Also interestingly, only one of our 6 midfielders is left footed (McGinn), therefore I would bet on a lefty coming in who can play both central and attacking mid. 

My bet would be Lo Celso.

35 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

Got to say… I love how Monchi has just got straight to work and cleared out the players not deemed worthy or up to standard… (yet, for the youngsters)…

It’s about time we stopped accepting mediocrity and being overly sentimental… a bit of ruthlessness isn’t a bad thing…

It’s evident that we only want players that Unai can actually work with, that fit into his plans and vision, that can genuinely contribute and be relied on to do so… we want move onwards and upwards, not stand still, regress or decline like we did for sooooo long…

Times are a changing… and it’s beautiful!

4 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Mate of mine is adamant Emery wants Udogie from Spurs.

Apparently he called Postecoglu last week and asked how much Udogie would cost in this window

Doesn't he now start for them? Why would they sell him?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Mate of mine is adamant Emery wants Udogie from Spurs.

Apparently he called Postecoglu last week and asked how much Udogie would cost in this window

Are we trying to build an Italian flair filled side? 🇮🇹🇮🇹🇮🇹🤌🤌🤌

spacer.png

51 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'd like us to have a Right sided Moreno type as well if possible.

We need to be able to switch up the attacking sides.

That’s Cash - although you’d want to upgrade but I don’t see that being done this window. 

51 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Agree. I have no doubts we'll bring in a right footed, left winger.

Of all our 7 forward players, only Watkins and Buendia are right footed, it's an absolute must.

Also interestingly, only one of our 6 midfielders is left footed (McGinn), therefore I would bet on a lefty coming in who can play both central and attacking mid. 

My bet would be Lo Celso.

And Ramsey. Hes right footed too!

2 hours ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

If the right right back isn’t available now, then I’d be ok going with Konsa and Cash as our two options until Jan.

Torres is a certain starter now, we need the aerial presence of Carlos in both boxes, and to be fair to Konsa he’s a very good player when he’s got a strong commanding centre back next to him, which Carlos is. 

I think we’ start regularly with:

konsa - Carlos - Pau - Moreno 

with the option of switching to:

Cash - Carlos - Pau - Digne

See if Cash can get back up to speed like he did in the few games after his injury last season.

Yeah a back 4 of Konsa, Carlos, Pau and a left back looks pretty solid. I think a standard back 4 (i.e. with Cash at RB) with a centre back pairing of either Carlos/Konsa/Pau has risks either a little light aerially with Konsa and Pau, or relying on Carlos to provide the physicality when he’s still very much an unknown quantity in the PL

I’m not sure I really trust Cash too much to be honest, he’s not quite defensively solid enough for that RB/CB hybrid role and going forward he’s decent but not exceptional. As a standard all round modern full back he’s a decent player, but seems like Emery doesn’t really want a player of that mould.

Romano saying Saudi clubs are circling around Joao Felix, but he's waiting for Barcelona, however will be leaving somewhere regardless.

I hope we aren't waiting for him as well.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Romano saying Saudi clubs are circling around Joao Felix, but he's waiting for Barcelona, however will be leaving somewhere regardless.

I hope we aren't waiting for him as well.

If Saudi clubs want him, but he still comes here, at least we’ll know he’s not coming in for the money.

• Like 1