Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We are 1 or 2 injuries away from disaster 

If we dont sign anyone else its a absolute huge mistake

Any team would be in trouble with half their squad injured. We currently have Martinez, Mings, Hause, Moreno, Dendoncker, Iroegbunam, Ramsey, Buendia and Coutinho injured. Some of those are thankfully close to returning/back today. We have only just got Traore back from injury. That's nine of our first team squad. A couple more would be eleven players. Any team, even Man City or Real Madrid would be struggling with that many injuries. In fact we are doing very well despite them. It doesn't mean we need to recruit players to fill temporary gaps.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

It's not a bad window and the incomings are good, but we needed a right back and haven't got one, we needed a better backup goalkeeper who is good with his feet, we haven't got one, and with Buendia and Mings out for the season and letting Coutinho and Archer go our squad depth is no better than last season. 

Our net spend this summer after finishing in Europe for the first time in 13 years is just £30m (approximately) at present. That simply isn't enough if we want to challenge for a top 4 place and win a trophy which Unai keeps saying we do. 

That’s your opinion, Emery seems to think we have enough cover in those areas with Olsen, Cash, Konsa & Chambers.

Pretty sure Leicester won the league with a smaller net spend than that, it’s not how much you spend, it’s how you spend it.

Trust Emery & Monchi

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, duke313 said:

We’ve added 4 senior players, and lost none, with the exception of Young.  How many players did people think we’d get?

It’s like football manager mate, don’t you know 🙄

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Any player or right back?

Where do you think we could do with one if they can find the right player?

Don’t ask him that lol.

He doesn’t comment on football transfers. We’ve got the best squad in the world as is, don’t you know 😂

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Just on volume of players bought in. The signings are not the issue

Of those players who have left, how many played for us last season? How does their leaving leave us worse off in terms of players? They weren't playing anyway. Four players in who will play plus last season's players who actually played means we have a bigger pool of players for this season. I'm all in favour of extra players in, I'm just not convinced it's a guarantee and I don't think it's absolutely vital either. It would be nice though.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Konsa has been played at right back like he's already played for us before Emery and looked good and suits the system of left back bombing forward and right back tucking in and maybe Emery rates Cash anyway. So many we need a right back posts on here. Complaining for the sake of complaining 

We haven’t replaced Ash. We need a new right back. Unai has said we aren’t done in the window. You can’t rely on Ezri as a right back in Unai’s system. 

Konsa has been played at right back like he's already played for us before Emery and looked good and suits the system of left back bombing forward and right back tucking in and maybe Emery rates Cash anyway. So many we need a right back posts on here. Complaining for the sake of complaining 

We haven’t replaced Ash. We need a new right back. Unai has said we aren’t done in the window. You can’t rely on Ezri as a right back in Unai’s system. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Any player or right back?

Where do you think we could do with one if they can find the right player?

Do it for any. We're obviously a lesser team since Beundia got injured as he's irreplaceable 

31 minutes ago, duke313 said:

We’ve added 4 senior players, and lost none, with the exception of Young.  How many players did people think we’d get?

We've lost Mings and Buendia.

They made 37 and 41 appearances last season.

So they played in 90% and 100% of our games in 22/23.

It's a lot of appearances to replace is all.

Edit: Didn't think he played that much, but Young made 32 appearances!

So 78% of our games. 

So using your maths we've gained 4 senior players and lost 3.

How many players did people think we’d get?

I thought we'd gain more than one.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 2

Having Konsa as cover at RB was fine-ish before Mings got injured. Now it means we are very light if we get even 1 injury to a defender. If we have the ability I really hope we manage to get another RB (or CB) in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Do it for any. We're obviously a lesser team since Beundia got injured as he's irreplaceable 

Such a weird hill to die on.

Can't you form opinions as things unfold? You must pick an opinion and stick to it regardless of evidence in front of your eyes. 

Bad trait to have in your armoury that.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

We've lost Mings and Buendia.

They made 37 and 41 appearances last season.

So they played in 90% and 100% of our games in 22/23.

It's a lot of appearances to replace is all.

I suspect that why we’ve added players like Pau Torres and Zaniolo.

It would be dumb not to buy a right back this summer.
Maybe Duran is good enough to be second choice, I don't know as like the rest of you I haven't seen enough of him. I knew Archer was good enough to be second choice, we probably now need a striker.
IMO Zaniolo doesn't fill Buendia's role in our team either, I would still be looking there.

Just now, duke313 said:

I suspect that why we’ve added players like Pau Torres and Zaniolo.

We signed Torres before Mings was out for the season.

So in terms of minutes we still need to cover, there's no increase.

Can you not see why people think that might be an issue?

• Like 4

Just now, Tomaszk said:

More bothered about Buendia than Mings, as we supposedly have 3 high quality centre backs apart from him

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Right, but Mings, Pau, Konsa and Carlos can’t all play at the same time. We have cover enough to cope with Mings unfortunate injury. 

Are macandally and Kiwi the same person? 

Yes, we signed four players but from a typical matchday squad last season (i.e. those who would start or be on the bench) we have lost or are about to lose Coutinho, Buendia, Mings and Young. So that is actually no gain at all (if people cannot do the maths I'll do it for you: 4 in, 4 out = 0)

If you include Archer and Philogene (who were getting in the matchday squads this season because of injuries to Moreno and Ramsey), we are actually two players down from last season currently until Ramsey and Moreno come back. And with Dendoncker also out that's actually three players lighter. That's a problem because our depth last season without being in European football was already an issue.

We are at least 2 players away from where we need to be. If certain posters can't see this then they need to open their eyes a bit.

• Haha 1