Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

4 hours ago, paul514 said:

If it is true that Fresnada is moving to sporting for 9 million euros we will rue not signing him for so little even as a squad player.

If he does then that to me just says what modern football with these super clubs will become

They let him move to sporting for 9m, he has a 2-3 year trial there where if his development confirms his potential someone will go back in for him for £40m without a care in the world

39 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If he does then that to me just says what modern football with these super clubs will become

They let him move to sporting for 9m, he has a 2-3 year trial there where if his development confirms his potential someone will go back in for him for £40m without a care in the world

I thought he didn't want to move to England for personal reasons. He's only a kid and it's a 5 hour drive to Lisbon from Madrid (where he's from). He's 18yo and he'll get game time and European football at Lisbon. If I were him (an 18yo from Madrid who just had my first La Liga appearance less than 12 months ago) I'd 100% go to Sporting over the PL every day of the week. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Is Acuna link totally dead now?

He didn't feature for Sevilal tonight, they've signed Pedrosa from Espanyol who's an LB and he started so while the clubs might be apart on fee agreement I wouldn't rule that out suddenly accelerating as deadline hour approaches.

Unless Emery has been really impressed by Digne's level in last week and has changed his mind but I think his latest comments were just keeping all options open in case Digne stays.

I'm sure that I read somewhere that West Ham were now looking at him too, so whoever offers nearest to what his club want will probably get him. I guess it's a case of how long he's likely to be out with injury and whether we are willing to go nearer to what they now want for him. 

13 minutes ago, John said:

I'm sure that I read somewhere that West Ham were now looking at him too, so whoever offers nearest to what his club want will probably get him. I guess it's a case of how long he's likely to be out with injury and whether we are willing to go nearer to what they now want for him. 

West Ham and Forest. I think we might have moved on to Tavares or Macros Alonso maybe?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, romavillan said:

Thin squad to get through to Jan in 4 competitions surely? Jaden, Aaron Ramsey, archer etc. All outgoing, Coutinho probably now too. They probably would all have got games in Europe/League cup, you'd think we need a few to come in.

Three players who’ve barely 20 senior appearances between them don’t urgently need replacements.

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Getting a bit worried about our squad depth… we have less now than before the start of last season and we’re about to start our most important seasons for years. 
I hope we see a few more in. 

If we come to the end of the window and still haven't bought anyone in then its got to go down as poor, yes we have players to come back from injury, but we have European game as well. 

Can't expect the main 11 to play every game the way we play. The players will be blowing out their ass come December, will be at more risk of injuries as well.

But I am sure we will see more bodies coming in, we do things under the radar, so let's hold judgement until the window 'slams' shut.... 

Just now, calcifer said:

If we come to the end of the window and still haven't bought anyone in then its got to go down as poor, yes we have players to come back from injury, but we have European game as well. 

Can't expect the main 11 to play every game the way we play. The players will be blowing out their ass come December, will be at more risk of injuries as well.

But I am sure we will see more bodies coming in, we do things under the radar, so let's hold judgement until the window 'slams' shut.... 

Yeah I agree, there’s still time so I’m sure it’ll be fine, just starting to get a touch worried. I think we have a stronger fist 11 than last season, but with injuries and those leaving we don’t have enough players of the high enough quality imo

• Like 1

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Yeah I agree, there’s still time so I’m sure it’ll be fine, just starting to get a touch worried. I think we have a stronger fist 11 than last season, but with injuries and those leaving we don’t have enough players of the high enough quality imo

Yep, the bench was really light vs Hibs. If we get an Injury to lets say Luiz and Konsa, we are looking at a bench with at least 3 under 21s.

But we don't have Laurel and Hardy at the helm now. We have people who know their stuff, so I will remain optimistic until the window shuts. After that is time to press the big red button 😄 🤣 

Archer £18.5m, Davis £2m, Bidace £5m, Ramsey £14m, plus the potential for Coutinho for around 15m, all a tidy sum and I can't believe that we won't spend more given that this money would more than account for Diaby's transfer to Villa.  Surely there is another person incoming? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Getting a bit worried about our squad depth… we have less now than before the start of last season and we’re about to start our most important seasons for years. 
I hope we see a few more in. 

Pretty sure saw similar posts last window when only Moreno signed and we were fine. There's player talk of Emery wanting a small family. I'll trust him with how we end up at the end of the window

Seems like our business may be done unless something picks up in the next few days that has gone under the radar.

With £32.5m coming from Ramsey and Archer sales and possibly another £20m if Coutinho and Philogene sales go through this week then that's over £50m that should be available to bring in at least one more player, if not two. We absolutely need another forward and right back so I'm hoping we realise this and bring those players in.

I see absolutely no point in changing the left back this late as it would unsettle the defence and all the left backs we're being linked with are worse than Digne. 

• Like 1