Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

I was expecting Ramsey, Archer and Bidace to part of the European squads at the very least. Just thinking ahead to Hibs on Thursday with our injuries already we are forced to play a fair few key players.

Need a RB cover for sure, would take Castagne or Walker-Peters if possible, decent at getting up and down and can play both sides if needed and would offer good competition with Cash.

If Diaby got injured our attack looks a lot weaker, would like someone to replace Coutinho/Buendia role and offer a more creative threat from midfield. Gray has been frozen out at Everton, wouldn't mind him.

Gray would be a decent stop gap signing for Villa.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

23 with Coutinho, 22 without. Duran is an u21 and doesn't count towards the squad at the moment. At least in England.

I’m not talking about squad registration. I’m talking about actual squad size.

22 minutes ago, duke313 said:

We currently have a squad of 26 players, Coutinho might be off so 25. Unless Emery thinks we need someone to cover our injured players, we aren’t signing many more.

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I’m not talking about squad registration. I’m talking about actual squad size.

Squad size may be of the 26, depends where you read. I make it 23 players - that's including Courtinho gone.

We definately need 1 or 2 more additions and I believe they will happen this week.

• Like 2

Unai:

“We had two horrible injuries with Tyrone Mings and Emi Buendia. We are not trying to replace them, but we are being concerned with how we can occupy the spaces they are letting in the squad, with the player we have now in the squad or from outside who can help us. We can’t replace them because Tyrone and Emiliano are two very special players for us, but we have to think how we can manage and use the gap in the squad they are letting us occupy.”

We will be making signings if it proves right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Out: Nakamba, Wesley, Sanson, A. Ramsey, Archer, Davis, Philogene

In: Tielemams, Diaby, Pau Torres, Zaniolo

Can someone explain to me why they think this is a bad window?

We have signed Quality over Quantity

• Like 3

Going to be a really tough week. We need to try to upgrade on some positions, which is going to be a real challenge.

Backup GK would be nice, RB would be nicer, but we really need another forward player, which is going to be tough because so many clubs will be in the same position.

Can’t see us not signing anyone, but I can’t see us signing squad players for the sake of it otherwise we might as well have kept Archer and not let Coutinho leave.

43 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Right, but Mings, Pau, Konsa and Carlos can’t all play at the same time. We have cover enough to cope with Mings unfortunate injury. 

We'll take Mings out as he's done sadly.

The other three started our last game.

All this back and forth is whatever. I'll just enjoy it if we do sign someone and some fans are saying they don't know why we have as we have enough.

10 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Going to be a really tough week. We need to try to upgrade on some positions, which is going to be a real challenge.

Backup GK would be nice, RB would be nicer, but we really need another forward player, which is going to be tough because so many clubs will be in the same position.

Can’t see us not signing anyone, but I can’t see us signing squad players for the sake of it otherwise we might as well have kept Archer and not let Coutinho leave.

Palace signing Henderson… Guaita available on loan perhaps? Maybe even Johnstone?

I just don’t get the feeling or impression that Olsen is being moved on though… hopefully he has improved and proved himself in training… the main thing he has to overcome is the nerves and anxiety on a matchday though… hopefully Emi (and his psychologist) have helped with that…

Only right to try and back and support him if Unai is doing so… but if he makes more gaffes, that’s going to be very difficult to do… he really disrupts and worries our defence at times.

We will just have to see, hope he can prove us all wrong tbh. Would only help and benefit us and that’s the most important thing.

I’m a bit concerned about Emi’s leg injury and whether it’s something that’s going to continually affect him or is it just more of a niggle that he can quickly overcome?

We need good cover for him… it’s important.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

Reading a few so-called 'sources' on New Now site, apparently we're still in for Nuno Tavares from Arsenal ? Notwithstanding the fact that he's not very good, Arsenal are allegedly looking for £22m.........for a player they paid £8m for and can't get anywhere near their team.

No thanks.

• Like 3

Just now, Jas10 said:

Palace signing Henderson… Guaita available on loan perhaps? Maybe even Johnstone?

I just don’t get the feeling or impression that Olsen is being moved on though… hopefully he has improved and proved himself in training… the main thing he has to overcome is the nerves and anxiety on a matchday though… hopefully Emi (and his psychologist) have helped with that…

Only right to try and back and support him if Unai is doing so… but if he makes more gaffes, that’s going to be very difficult to do… he really disrupts and worries our defence at times.

We will just have to see, hope he can prove us all wrong tbh. Would only help and benefit us and that’s the most important thing.

I'd take Guiata for sure. Always been a solid keeper for Palace in most areas. Not sure why he's started kicking off at Palace but you'd think he'd prefer to be a number 2 here with all the matches we have on offer.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I'd take Guiata for sure. Always been a solid keeper for Palace in most areas. Not sure why he's started kicking off at Palace but you'd think he'd prefer to be a number 2 here with all the matches we have on offer.

Soria was suggested earlier on in the window, having worked with Unai before and as a 2nd choice GK…

Just feels like Olsen is staying and being shown a lot of faith…

There are several ares of the squad we can improve and we could inject some top class quality into that first 11 too…

Get today’s game out the way and see who arrives and departs in the final week of the window… it’s going to be a busy one…

I don't see us buying a RB, probably much more likely to get a LB and move Digne on. I'm not saying I wouldn't bring one in but I just think Emery is happy with Cash/Konsa/Chambers there. I think we will bring in an attacking player and maybe that LB but not much else.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

A tough week, but exciting at the same time.

You just know that any signing made will be decent and not just some stop gap crock of shite for the sake of it like you say.

I must be the in small minority on here that wouldn't be suprised to see our transfer record broken again before the week is out.

Providing the other team(s) sort their logistics quick enough and everything else falls into place.

I also feel we've done all we can in terms of making us an attractive and promising team to sign for this season.

Hopefully we pick up our 2nd league win this afternoon (and we're now also all but qualified for the group stages of ECL too) so, hopefully this will be enough to help convince one or two of Monchi/Unai targets to join us.

It's been stated quite alot that certain targets were not going to be approached until late in the window anyway and here we are.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Looking at this again… I really don’t think it’s a strong or competitive enough squad for an assault on all cup competitions (including Europe) and an attempt at getting 5th place in the league… it’s asking a lot from this set of players and our manager. There are fitness and injury concerns, as well as potential suspensions, to consider too…

I think we have a lot more ambition than doing what we did last season…

This season is nothing like the last for us… we are taking a lot on… so many more games…and competition will be fierce with some sides looking to make up for a poor and underwhelming previous season…

I think Unai would feel the same way and is asking for more players… Monchi is working… but deals aren’t always quick and easy to complete… especially for top class or high calibre players with major quality…

-

Different story with Mings and Buendia available but 😭

Edited by Jas10