Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

My word, I would love Sancho here. Fits perfectly into the side.

He's stuck now though being paid the farcial £350k a week by Utd. Like a lot of Utd players. They'll have to take huge hits on plenty of them.

Sancho is woeful.

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Reminds me of the time a certain Richard Fitzgerald in the Lerner years that we would be signing "world class players".. we didn't sign one.

I found myself talking to Richard Fitzgerald a couple of years ago and he was scathing about how Lerner had pulled the plug on all investment and made him look like an idiot. So I don’t think that was him changing his mind, much as I agree with your general point about actions speaking louder than words. He absolutely hated him in the end.

• Like 1

I think the dates of the transfer window are a bit of an irrelevance as clearly agreements are being made, deals done etc. and despite the links we don’t appear close with anyone.

Possibly the Alemany situation slowed us right down and we are waiting to get a SD in place before progressing anything. Or things are moving along nicely with a couple of targets and we just haven’t heard yet. Who knows?

If it relates to getting an SD in though how effective would anyone be when they have literally just landed at a club? I would presume our targets are already identified rather than expecting someone who has barely set foot off the plane to identify and recruit the perfect upgrades unless we intend to do our business late in the window meaning any new signing would not feature in pre season.

Will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Donck is what our 3rd choice DMC 5th choice midfielder?

Starting international for a good international team

He's a sign of our depth, we won't get much better than him, I think he'll stay until timbo is ready

If Timbo is ever ready. We have the means to go out and buy an even better young midfielder than Irroegbunam. These kids have to be unbelievably good to break into our starting XI. I can’t see more than one or two every few years breaking through. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

I think the dates of the transfer window are a bit of an irrelevance as clearly agreements are being made, deals done etc. and despite the links we don’t appear close with anyone.

Possibly the Alemany situation slowed us right down and we are waiting to get a SD in place before progressing anything. Or things are moving along nicely with a couple of targets and we just haven’t heard yet. Who knows?

If it relates to getting an SD in though how effective would anyone be when they have literally just landed at a club? I would presume our targets are already identified rather than expecting someone who has barely set foot off the plane to identify and recruit the perfect upgrades unless we intend to do our business late in the window meaning any new signing would not feature in pre season.

we will miss out on players thelonger it draws on  sureley they can carry on

3 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

How do you know that, we as a club are keeping things under wrapped until maybe a day before we announce them. I’m sure we are working on deals and likely to have some through the door when the window opens 

There’s an international break next week, so I would expect Tielemans will have decided his next club by Wednesday latest. That will then probably start a domino affect, as we’ll know whether we have the extra budget saved on a midfielder to go after our top tier targets in other positions or not. 

That’s my guess, anyway!

The season is barely finished and a lot of players will have gone on holiday the minute the lap of honour finished.

While there are a few transfers going through its still very limited and mostly paper talk at the moment. Nothing to be concerned about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Season is also not officially over yet. International games next week and I would imagine a lot of our targets are on international duty compared to last summer Carlos and Bouba weren't internationals