Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

54 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I mean, he was stunning at Dortmund. Surely that’s not nothing?

You mean Felix?

No Sancho

Althleti will want more than 50 for felix

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Fish puns

And, for those with longer memories: Sherwood facials 

Nah pre fish puns

Hunterlinger seen in the crowd is still probably my favourite

Julie's basement is a twitter thing rather than a VT thing isn't it?

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Sancho will go back to Dortmund I reckon once Bellingham leaves …. He has all the attributes to be a top class player, just not sure he’s worth the £50mill plus risk… Also cannot see Felix wanting to join us unless we offer him half of Dignes weekly salary and pay him over the odds in wages… just strikes me for no reason that he’s more interested in money & prestige rather than the project … 

Definitely wouldn’t feel comfortable spending 50m on Sancho when we have so many transfers to do.

For what it’s worth I think he can explode in our league, probably just needs to be picked continuously in the correct system for him.

Whether that is our system I don’t know 

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Definitely wouldn’t feel comfortable spending 50m on Sancho when we have so many transfers to do.

For what it’s worth I think he can explode in our league, probably just needs to be picked continuously in the correct system for him.

Whether that is our system I don’t know 

From my memory of sancho at Dortmund I don't think we play a style that would suit him

At his best he wasnt a chalk on the boots stretch the game take a man on cross the ball type winger, he was usually on the right side of a 3 behind the striker but played like a 10 but coming in from the right, lots of good passing and moving in tight spaces 1 2s running past the striker

Would probably be better suited to how we play Ramsey in an attacking sense on the left rather than how we play Bailey on the right

He's a good player just not used very well

Very well, I’ll take one for the team again and say it because no one else will…here goes: 

…Maybe we aren’t signing anyone this summer because we have no money!!!… 😥

😃:trollface: 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Very well, I’ll take one for the team again and say it because no one else will…here goes: 

…Maybe we aren’t signing anyone this summer because we have no money!!!… 😥

😃 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I don’t actually think it, but reckon it won’t be long until people think that is the case! 

Don’t worry:

At the start of the meeting, Purslow laid out what the mentality of the club would be next season. In short, they were going to be “bold” next season. Roughly translated, the gloves were coming off in terms of the owner’s ambition and goals.

After five years, Purslow reasoned they were now at the “best of the rest” level they had sought (knocking on the door of the established Top Six). So, it was a question of what next?

Villa Owners’ End Game Ambition

No doubt the owners have been encouraged by the great progress made by Unai Emery, who Purslow labelled a “Tier One” coach. They would have also surveyed the landscape of the so-called Top Six and had seen major cracks.

This would be certainly considered a decent sample size by the Villa owners to suggest that next season offers a real opportunity to have a crack at the Champions League spots.

Purslow confirmed that this boldness in attitude would of course extend to the summer transfer window. He said, that it hadn’t been possible to go so ambitious previously, as while they had a potentially talented squad, obviously the coaching staff hadn’t been realising their potential. It’s a safer bet now to speculate for success with a much more favourable risk-reward ratio.

Considering Villa have been already breaking the club’s transfer records in recent seasons on the likes of Ollie Watkins and Emi Buendia, and being no stranger to the purchase of £20m to £30m players, it will be interesting to see how “bold” translates in terms of incoming players in the summer window.

https://www.myoldmansaid.com/aston-villa-to-go-bold-in-the-summer-transfer-market/?amp

• Like 2

No reason to be anxious, window opens on 14th June and closes 1st September.

We didn’t appoint Emery to work on a tight budget with substandard players.

There’s a reason he came to our club…

5 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Just pay some money to a club and sign someone. 

I know its early but we've been linked with the planet and it's doing my nut. 

Best to ignore it or avoid Twitter etc if it’s causing that much frustration etc.

We have Unai, let’s just relax and enjoy, we’ve just got to be patient.

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Best to ignore it or avoid Twitter etc if it’s causing that much frustration etc.

We have Unai, let’s just relax and enjoy, we’ve just got to be patient.

spacer.png

Yeh, you're right. 

I think it's because this time last year we have Boobs and Diego through the door already. 

Just so excited to see who comes in this summer!

My word, I would love Sancho here. Fits perfectly into the side.

He's stuck now though being paid the farcial £350k a week by Utd. Like a lot of Utd players. They'll have to take huge hits on plenty of them.

• Like 2