Premier League relegation battle 2022/3

useless

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I can't see anything other than an Everton win against Bournemouth. Bournemouth are fairly naff and have nothing to play for, and Everton are pretty decent at home unfortunately.

Just in the last few weeks Bournemouth have won away at Southampton and Leicester, and at home against Leeds. Now I know the retort here is they weren't safe then and they are now, but I do sometimes think people make too much of that distinction. West Ham were safe this weekend and supposedly saving themselves for a European final and they still easily beat Leeds. Basically it's up in the air and any of the 3 of them could survive. 

Anyway the annoying thing is I've remembered I'm at a Christening on Sunday so I'm going to miss everything. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Just in the last few weeks Bournemouth have won away at Southampton and Leicester, and at home against Leeds. Now I know the retort here is they weren't safe then and they are now, but I do sometimes think people make too much of that distinction. West Ham were safe this weekend and supposedly saving themselves for a European final and they still easily beat Leeds. Basically it's up in the air and any of the 3 of them could survive. 

Anyway the annoying thing is I've remembered I'm at a Christening on Sunday so I'm going to miss everything. 

Fair point but since Dyche was appointed Everton have only lost at home to us, Man City, Fulham and Newcastle.

Although on the flip side, they also haven't won at home in over 2 months.

All I'm saying is - don't get your hopes up!

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

I have nothing against Everton but want them to lose always been in PL status

I'd prefer Everton slightly over Leicester because of the above and for the Deano factor, but am not heavily invested in which one of those goes down.

Leeds on the other hand...

spacer.png

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Mantis said:

Fair point but since Dyche was appointed Everton have only lost at home to us, Man City, Fulham and Newcastle.

Although on the flip side, they also haven't won at home in over 2 months.

All I'm saying is - don't get your hopes up!

He has also won just 4 games in 17

16 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Can see Leeds, Leicester and Everton all winning on Sunday.

I hope leeds and Everton lose with leicester staying up.

But i think Everton win win so that will mean it will be irrelevant what the others do!

That goal vs wolves could be absolutely massive for everton

I can see Leicester beating west ham. But I can't see Everton losing. 

A draw for Everton and win for Leicester sees Everton go down on goal difference.

Really hope it's one of those last days where all three clubs end up in the bottom 3 at some point, and a last minute goal decides the final droppee. In that scenario, not fussed who stays up. 

Everton or Leeds are for the drop this season or next if they stay up anyway. Leicester I don't have much against abs like Dean, but they're not a financially screwed basket case like the other two so more of a potential future threat if they stay up (albeit only relatively and not really...).  Its all win win win whatever happens.

43 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Really hope it's one of those last days where all three clubs end up in the bottom 3 at some point, and a last minute goal decides the final droppee. In that scenario, not fussed who stays up. 

This.  Just some absolute madness happening.  Ideally something like Everton winning 1-0 but conceding a 91st minute equaliser whilst, at the same time, Jamie Vardy scores a 91st minute winner against West Ham as Leicester win 4-3.

Meanwhile, Leeds hammer Spurs 6-0 and still go down.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

I really don’t care who goes down. Whoever stays up will be down there again next May. I just want it to be interesting.

Such a nice feeling to be able to enjoy a relegation battle from afar.

10 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I hope leeds and Everton lose with leicester staying up.

But i think Everton win win so that will mean it will be irrelevant what the others do!

That goal vs wolves could be absolutely massive for everton

Tbf if Everton had lost against Wolves but win against Bournemouth they'd still stay up no matter what anyway. It was helpful for them obviously but didn't change things too drastically.

Leeds and Leicester for me to go down. Everton cobbled just enough to stay up and they've got grafters in the squad to tumble the ball over the line.

Leicester just don't look up for it and Leeds will contrive their way into letting Tottenham win their first match away from London since October.

5 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I could see all three teams winning on the final day. 

Really? Ive heard a few people say this.

I can't see those three teams all winning on the same day for the next 10 years on current form.

• Like 1